WandaVision Premiere (Disney+) TV Show Review & Comments

To be fair, you can make a great movie or show without any action. It all depends on writing and how it's realised on screen ;)
but from marvel what do you expect that spiderman only goes to school and does his homework and in the evening you watch tv and every now and then you call Mary Jane to find out how she is or i expect spiderman to go hunting

I don't really agree with that, when Daredevil didn't have any action it was still a great show.

I don't really agree with that, when Daredevil didn't have any action it was still a great show.
the series that you mentioned is a good example but there is action and serious speeches and even comedy anyway already said I hope in the next episodes then by now I have taken the habit of doing two episodes on Friday so tomorrow we will see how they are then we will put our comments and repeat I hope at least in a bit of mystery if not action ok

Is the pinnacle of this series going to be a Big Bang theory rip off then? I guess one episode a decade means we might get a couple of episodes with actual content in it at the end. Although the Cheers episode will be fun.

I'm praying for a Married with Children episode :)

Only Fools and Horses maybe at some point? hahaha

Possibly a Modern Family one later on..? That would certainly work.

What’s a 2020 sitcom look like? I’m not sure what’s popular these days.

Not sure there are any nowadays are there? They're more straight up comedies like Brooklyn-Nine-Nine.

I expect once the 80s are done then the program will start kicking off properly with what is happening and go completely left field.

Possibly a Modern Family one later on..? That would certainly work.
Kevin Feige has said in a couple of interviews that Modern Family and The Office U.S. have been influences on WandaVision so you're certainly right about that.

From the trailers it looked like The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy, Bewitched, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Family Ties, Fuller House, Roseanne and Modern Family were influences. Plus numerous other American sit-coms from those decades.

Kevin Feige has said in a couple of interviews that Modern Family and The Office U.S. have been influences on WandaVision so you're certainly right about that.

From the trailers it looked like The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy, Bewitched, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Family Ties, Fuller House, Roseanne and Modern Family were influences. Plus numerous other American sit-coms from those decades.
I’ve seen none of those apart from bewitched. Tough road ahead I fear.

Me. I should grow up but it's just too funny. Sorry. It should be noted that emotes are often given very tongue in cheek and are not to be taken seriously.
From a mod point of view - note that repeated use of a “negative” reaction against multiple posts that have a common theme that is different to the member giving the reaction, is not viewed as tongue in cheek. It is viewed as inappropriate use of reactions and can be subject to moderation actions - deletion of the reactions, warnings and points.

These threads are about individuals views on programs. There will be a myriad of views as to quality, enjoyability etc. the general rules for posting include showing respect for all views. Misuse of reactions does not show that respect.

Last edited:
I kinda get what you're saying but I would have thought the answer was obvious in this case given the way that the series is being released and the fact that all of our reviews have mandatory scores.

If the question is why score, then I agree. But we have to keep putting them on to service those who prefer not to read.

And if you're really comparing to a novel (why?) then sure, you can have a 'so far so good' review based on the first couple of chapters, that's actually what some publishers initially judge books on.

Short of going into the future (which, I'm sure, would be apt for this series) this is the best kind of review you're going to get at the moment, and surely it's better to have Tom's eloquent gut assessment now rather than wait a few months to see where it all lands, by which point everybody will have seen it anyway.

Well, apart from me because I read the review and now I'm waiting to binge it.
Thanks. I see your point of view, however in some programs it is better to wait atleast 40% in before scoring.

Thanks. I see your point of view, however in some programs it is better to wait atleast 40% in before scoring.

Yeah, it's just not up to us. We have to score, so it's all about how much lands on opening night. Which is why we do premiere reviews and score just the opening episode in some cases.

If it makes you feel any better, we tend to revisit these things at the end of the season. I did it for the last couple of Mandos, whereupon I revised the second season upwards (obviously).

Clearly Tom left room to give it a 10 once the dust settles.

Yeah, it's just not up to us. We have to score, so it's all about how much lands on opening night. Which is why we do premiere reviews and score just the opening episode in some cases.

If it makes you feel any better, we tend to revisit these things at the end of the season. I did it for the last couple of Mandos, whereupon I revised the second season upwards (obviously).

Clearly Tom left room to give it a 10 once the dust settles.
Understand. I didn’t realise you revisit. Not seen scores change often. I don’t put too much emphasis on scores, but more the review context. So difficult to score content, right?

I hear for modern day it's going Mrs. Brown's Boys.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Its my understanding this series isn't going to remain a soap in any format going forward and when/once it doesn't the shit is going to hit the fan. I'm going to binge watch once its all out.

I'm not sure the first 20 mins of the 3rd episode are going to win back any of the people who didn't like the first two. I've enjoyed all 3 and the end of this episode is certainly intriguing.

Edit: Crumbs didn't realise there were two WandaVision threads, so this is probably in the wrong one.

Ep 3 moves things along nicely. Such a shame we can't binge the whole lot. Liked the change

in aspect ratio, and how it was done.

comment on episode 3 of Wandavision finally a good episode the series has started from the third episode now and intriguing begins to interest me I'm happy. apart from that for more than half it was in 4/3 format but that's okay so I thought it was a problem of the tv 😂😂😂😂

Just watched episode 3 and it baffles me that it was sent to reviewers but not released on day one with the other two.

Not really sure why there was any need for the first two episodes, simply a 45 minute episode ending as 3 did would have been plenty of scene setting.

Well that was difficult finding the spoiler tags.

Hopefully more of the outside in coming episodes and no fecking canned laughter!

This episode just made the first two even more redundant. I liked the second half of episode 3 and glad to see things move along with a sense of purpose. Doesn’t change my opinion of the first two being terrible but will actually look forward to next week now which wasn’t my sentiment before. The crazily short 20 minute run time is an annoyance rather than a relief.

Ep 3 moves things along nicely. Such a shame we can't binge the whole lot. Liked the change

in aspect ratio, and how it was done.

Just wait till they've aired. If people actually did that and Disney saw it reflected in the numbers, then it might force a rethink.

Not really sure why there was any need for the first two episodes, simply a 45 minute episode ending as 3 did would have been plenty of scene setting.

Well that was difficult finding the spoiler tags.

Hopefully more of the outside in coming episodes and no fecking canned laughter!

Not everything ever made has to be plot-driven. Most of the best films aren't.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom