WandaVision Premiere (Disney+) TV Show Review & Comments

Many thanks for review, i must admit the trailers have left me cold. Based on your feedback i will give it a try, thx.

This was really no different than watching an episode of bewitched. As in terrible. Yes that’s the point I suppose, but it needed more and didn’t have anything more. No doubt the answers will come. But these two episodes were a real slog. They are mercifully short however. Remove the credits and episode one is 19 minutes and two was 28 minutes.

Loved it! Didn't expect some of the comedy, and laughed my arse off when
Vision broke out into song as the distraction from Wanda's kitchen chaos.

Last edited:
Cheers Tom.

Given what I know of this it must have been tricky to write a review. Who knows where it's gonna end up!!

Quite of a fan of these two from the comics and definitely will watch tonight. Be interesting to see if they nod to scarlet witch’s mutant past as Disney now own Fox - george

Huge fan of MCU but not a fan of TV series as I lack the mood and time for binging. This will be my second attempt trying to watch a series. :)

Just watched the first two episodes and will stick with it and see how it develops. So far seem like a marvel copy of bewitched but there’s a few hints of something more to come.

I liked it. Used to watch Betwitched re runs as a kid. Looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

I liked the bit where the creepy guy came out of the sewer and she said panicked and said no and changed everything. Gave me No More Mutants vibes. I think she's trapped herself in there and warped reality

9?
Wow, watched 10 minutes, switched it off, absolute garbage!!!

I have a feeling the show was written to be binge watched as one long marvel film. I feel like the one episode a week might hurt this. They want to emulate the Mandalorian but each episode of that is action packed. This looks like a slow burner that will lead to a more typical action oriented MCU finale. So the beginning will alienate folks who don't know the characters outside of the films.

I'll be binge watching them, definitely not doing this one a week. Would drive me bonkers.

I'll be binge watching them, definitely not doing this one a week. Would drive me bonkers.

I think I'm going to wait and binge watch it all at once too.

The first episode is completely optional from what I can deduct. If the whole thing is just a bewitched remake it‘ll be disappointing. The novelty will wear off quick. I wore it off for me afear 5 minutes. But I can‘t stand those old 60s shows anyway.

I'm sure many people will be doing the same re: waiting for all 9 episodes to air.

As with The Mandalorian, we'll be updating the review at the end of the season to reflect how the show develops.

Going to save up my free week of Disney+ for this. I was a big fan of Bewitched (Was madly in love with Elizabeth Montgomery), & I Love Lucy had some great comic moments, so something that nods to them has my vote!

This feels like a show written for whoever has read the comics and knows what's happening. It completely flew over my head, maybe I should just wait until it's over and binge it.
Everyone online seems to love it but how much of this is just from Marvel starvation? I'm not sure a DC show would get a pass for doing the exact same thing.

This feels like a show written for whoever has read the comics and knows what's happening. It completely flew over my head, maybe I should just wait until it's over and binge it.
Everyone online seems to love it but how much of this is just from Marvel starvation? I'm not sure a DC show would get a pass for doing the exact same thing.
Just to clarify, so far there haven't been any links to the comics or the characters as they appear in them. Everyone is starting on the same disorienting page as far as this particular show is concerned.

Just to clarify, so far there haven't been any links to the comics or the characters as they appear in them. Everyone is starting on the same disorienting page as far as this particular show is concerned.
Well I haven't read any of them but do see a lot of excitement and theories about House of M and The Vision and Scarlet Witch so my assumption was there's something here I have no clue about.

Well I haven't read any of them but do see a lot of excitement and theories about House of M and The Vision and Scarlet Witch so my assumption was there's something here I have no clue about.
Yeah, there are a lot of places it could go but so far no specific hints. I'd be surprised if they left 90% of viewers out in the cold by relying on Byzantine knowledge of the comics to enjoy it!

I was a big comic fan in my youth - there was a 2nd hand stall in Derbys' Market Hall that had DC & Marvel comics (I guess from US service families)- But I lost interest as time goes by & actually enjoy seeing these series & Movies without the back story. Also stops hopes & expectations being dashed (I'm looking at you, Timeline, unworthy Son of a great Crichton Book).

Yeah, there are a lot of places it could go but so far no specific hints. I'd be surprised if they left 90% of viewers out in the cold by relying on Byzantine knowledge of the comics to enjoy it!
Oh no, I 100% trust Kevin Feige to make this a great storyline for anyone when it's all said and done. I'm just commenting very specifically on these two episodes, I feel like if you're not a bit in the know they can easily go over your head like they did mine.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom