WandaVision Premiere (Disney+) TV Show Review & Comments

Coulson

Distinguished Member
...I wasn't convinced by her in the films previously (especially with the disappearing accent),
I liked how they brought up her disappearing accent in the show lol.

Slugsy01

Distinguished Member
So I really enjoyed it, found it quite emotional actually but I have COVID and I'm a bit of a blurbing mess in general! :laugh:

If I could make one criticism, I would have liked it to be a longer series. There was loads I would have liked to explore with some of the characters introduced, but I guess that wasn't the point.

In general, ballsy and some great performances but I'm going to miss Paul Bettany and Vision.:(

Lucky woman

The show was wonderful! :clap:
With each episode, it opened in a new way. Because of this, I constantly wanted to think and reflect on what would happen next. But no matter how much I thought, everything turned out to be completely different ...

By the way, I was conquered separately by the most final scene after the credits.
Does it mean that Wanda can split in two now?:rolleyes: Is this her new strength?

Last edited:

taposh

Finished this over the weekend. Nearly didn't watch but actually wound up binging it in the end ! Perversely the general griping around the first two episodes made me curious to see what the buzz was about.

I do think the first 3 episodes, although fun at first could have done with tightening up. Even as far as bringing episode 4 forward to episode 3. I was struggling by the actual episode 3 with the sitcom pastiche wearing a bit thin (may have micro-napped in the middle !) but glad I stuck it out. Glad they had the balls to go for something different and not just another action filled type series. To the end that I will insist my 12 yr old, who has been put off by friends opinions, watch it. In retrospect all the TV spots etc have been spoiler free as to what is happening but maybe a little too far.

Some musings:
Once the reveal of e4 was done I thought the balance between sitcom and reality was good.
Wanda being non-apologetic & unremorseful at what she'd done to Westview residents.
Wish they'd been bold to keep alternate Pietro as the X-Men character.
Insight into the chaos of the snap returnees.
Generally a good catchup to what happened after Endgame. Dont often get a chance to catch up with characters unless sequels come into play.

Lucky woman

Wish they'd been bold to keep alternate Pietro as the X-Men character.
They couldn't do it. Then too much would have to be explained ...
And most importantly, all the heroes from the X-Men would have to be introduced into the Marvel universe. And I think if they introduce them, they will be played by completely different actors.

GeneticMutation

They couldn't do it. Then too much would have to be explained ...
And most importantly, all the heroes from the X-Men would have to be introduced into the Marvel universe. And I think if they introduce them, they will be played by completely different actors.
Sorry but I don't agree.

They can easily keep the two universes separate. They can pick and choose which characters they want from the X-verse and which ones they want to do themselves. A simple line from Agatha "Your brothers body was not easily obtainable so... I found the closest match in the multiverse!"

CLH

My take on Pietro is that the multiverse has multiple versions of each of us. But that doesn't mean that Pietro is super powered in each. So in the current MCU one there is a doppelganger of X Men Quicksilver but he's just a dude.

Lucky woman

Sorry but I don't agree.
So this means that Agatha just took the first guy she came across and endowed him with Pietro's memories. It has nothing to do with the main X-Men story.
My take on Pietro is that the multiverse has multiple versions of each of us. But that doesn't mean that Pietro is super powered in each. So in the current MCU one there is a doppelganger of X Men Quicksilver but he's just a dude.
But how then to explain that this Pietro does not look like the brother of Wanda, but looks like Quicksilver?

taposh

Sorry but I don't agree.

They can easily keep the two universes separate. They can pick and choose which characters they want from the X-verse and which ones they want to do themselves. A simple line from Agatha "Your brothers body was not easily obtainable so... I found the closest match in the multiverse!"

Something like these. Could simply have left it in as an easter egg until Marvel decide how or if they handle X-Men in the MCU.

CLH

So this means that Agatha just took the first guy she came across and endowed him with Pietro's memories. It has nothing to do with the main X-Men story.

But how then to explain that this Pietro does not look like the brother of Wanda, but looks like Quicksilver?
But that's the point. There is a bloke in the XMen Universe that looks like Wanda QS. He's not superpowered.

In the MCU universe XMen Pietro has a doppelganger that isn't super powered. Agatha identifies this doppelnganger and makes him so.

If there are multiple universes with multiple doppelgangers it doesn't mean that in each of them they are the 'same person."

Lucky woman

If there are multiple universes with multiple doppelgangers it doesn't mean that in each of them they are the 'same person."
And as I understand it, in the movie "Doctor Strange-2" we should be better acquainted with a huge number of these universes, right? Apparently, that's why they said that this show is directly related to the future film ... And of course, because here we were introduced to the main villain of the film.:lesson:

DB9S

And as I understand it, in the movie "Doctor Strange-2" we should be better acquainted with a huge number of these universes, right? Apparently, that's why they said that this show is directly related to the future film ... And of course, because here we were introduced to the main villain of the film.:lesson:
So, who in this show, in your opinion, is the main villain of the Dr Strange film then?
PM me if necessary to avoid spoilers, but I watched it all and now I feel I must have missed something....

Lucky woman

Of course, this is
Wanda. She became the Scarlet Witch. She began to read the book that she had taken from Agatha. And now she will acquire evil powers, which will entail great fear and horror, which is written about in the description of the film "Dr Strange-2".

DB9S

Of course, this is
Wanda. She became the Scarlet Witch. She began to read the book that she had taken from Agatha. And now she will acquire evil powers, which will entail great fear and horror, which is written about in the description of the film "Dr Strange-2".
Ahhh, right.
What was that book called again? Was she a baddie in the comics then? Will Stephen bring her back round?
I noticed Agatha said that the Scarlett Witch is 'more powerful then the Sorcerer Supreme', so it will be interesting.

Last edited:

DB9S

What was the spell book called that wanda was reading at the very end when she was in two places at once?

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Note that the Darkhold has already popped up in Agents of Shield as a "bad thing".

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
Nerd moment: in the comics one of the ways in which the Darkhold has previously cropped up is when Doctor Strange fought Dracula by using the Montesi Formula - held within the book - to destroy all vampires.

It's not beyond the scope of rationality to make some wild predictions about it factoring into the Blade reboot somehow too.
Doctor-Strange-Dracula-Montesi-Formula-Darkhold.jpg

Evinger

Distinguished Member
We Binged the Series Easter Sunday, & loved every minute. We didn't have a problem with the style of the early episodes, probably because we are both from the past. Yes I agree some of the "insta Computer Hacks" & the half Dimensional SWORD bad guy (His Character did not make it to one Dimension for me, though the Actor did a good job) are weak. But inside the Bubble, all good.
The Reveals during the end credits have us looking forward to a Season 2

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom