1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walt Disney Treasures - Heads Up!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by the_pauley, Jan 15, 2005.

1. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Ordered all of the new titles released on R1 in December from DVD Soon. Received them all except "The Complete Pluto".

This was listed as on order. Logged on today to check the progress and it was listed as "Discontinued". These editions have always been limited but I've never known them to disappear so quickly as this one has.

Managed to get one from Play USA (phew!) so grab 'em while you can 'toon fans.

By the way, has anyone heard of any more UK R2 releases in this series - there's been nothing since the two titles last summer.

2. nabby

nabby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,417
    I had a similiar problem with that particular dvd so got one ordered from Amazon.com earlier this week- they seem to have plenty in stock still.

3. Charlton Fan

Charlton Fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I saw these at CD-WOW last week for about £11.00 each, pretty sure I saw Pluto there. As I say, it was a few days ago so might not now be in stock.

Chris

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Got mine from DVDSoon for less than a tenner :smashin:

It is annoying though that they have not put the cardboard wrap around on these new releases... the series has got progressively worse in terms of the packaging, the second lot had no limited edition number stamp, and now without the cardboard sleeve they don't even match! :(

5. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Worst of all the new batch came with the rear panel as a stuck on piece of card rather than embossed into the tin as before.

The reason the cardboard strips stopped is because they don't want Roy Disney's signature on them as he's leading the very public rebellion against the current CEO of Disney, so he's persona non grata at the company that bears his family name.

Sad!