Wallmounting - Panasonic PX60 versus PX600

DIY_Subs

Standard Member
Hi,

I was looking to buy a 42" with intention of wallmounting. I especially want a unit which is very close to the wall and thought of using a low profile mount which has been advertised.

Whilst I thought the PX600 is a more attractive version of the PX60 with better sound and a couple of other features, but otherwise identical, I was really disappointed to see the rear profile of the PX600cab version isn't flat - having a bulbous bottom on the rear casing (speakers?)- about 2 inches extra depth as a result. The PX60 on the otherhand has a completely flat back from top to bottom.

Does this mean the PX600 cannot generally be wall mounted as neat as the PX60 - as it would probably end up an extra 2 inches away from the wall. The JL salesperson told me the PX600WAL model is identical to the cab version and all the PX600 models have this bulbous profile - which I think is really disappointing if true as the side view when mounted will look less neat.

Does anyone know what the PH9 tv versions are likely to look like - if I want a "flat back" screen will I be better waiting - or should I go for a PX60?

Thanks.

miceri

Novice Member
The PHD9 is not a TV, it is a panel.

The difference being it has no integrated speakers or tuners. Less internal gadetry, so I should hope it is thinner!

Check out AV-Sales website. Look at the PHD9 product pdf. For the 50"er it is 9.5cm deep. Flat, no bulbing...

DIY_Subs

Standard Member
QUOTE: miceri: The PHD9 is not a TV, it is a panel.
Sorry for not really showing I knew this already.

I assumed the latest generation plasma glass panel (generation 9) would become incorporated into the retail versions. Hence the question does anyone know the actual shape of the casing at the back if there is a retail tv type on the cards with 9 glass in them? Hopefully it will revert back to the PX60 design...

Thx.

suniil

PH9 will be much closer to wall compares to PX60 / PX600. I had an old version of panasonic panel (PW7) which replaced by PX600 a month ago and i've noticed PW7 was closer to wall.

DIY_Subs said:

I assumed the latest generation plasma glass panel (generation 9) would become incorporated into the retail versions. Hence the question does anyone know the actual shape of the casing at the back if there is a retail tv type on the cards with 9 glass in them? Hopefully it will revert back to the PX60 design...

Thx.

Jet_Set_Jim

Novice Member
DIY_Subs said:

Thx.
The 60 and 600 range already use the 9th gen glass.

DIY_Subs

Standard Member
Jet_Set_Jim - are you saying the PX60 and PX600 already have the SAME glass in them as the new PH9s will have when they are available?

I said 9 generation as I assumed the 9 in PH9 meant this.....

Thanks.

Jet_Set_Jim

Novice Member
That's right. The PV500 (the prior version of the PX600) had 8th gen glass, which was also used in the PHD8. The PX60 / 600 use the 9th gen glass that will also be used in the PH9. So for both 8th and 9th generation, the TV version emerged before the commercial panel.

My advice would be to audition a PHD8 - it's flat at the back, and very highly regarded. It also has the advantage of being 'tried and tested' - whereas the PH9 is an unknown quantity which may or may not have critical flaws. For this money, that means quite a lot!

Jet_Set_Jim

Novice Member