1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wallmounting Kef 2005.2 eggs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jmcarter, Sep 3, 2003.

1. jmcarter

jmcarter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having just purchased the Kef 2005.2 system, I would like to wall mount the rear surround speakers. The instruction manual depicts just rawplugs and screws being required to hang them on the wall, is this the case? I have plasterboard walls, so will they be strong enough?

Would be grateful for any advice from people whom have actually experienced putting up these things. Thanks.

2. mooky

mooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wall mounted all my eggs. For the plasterboard make sure you get plasterboard rawplugs. They open out in a different way behind the plasterboard to give a better fixing. Other than that put the screws in to the wall and slide the eggs on to them.

Top tip: Use fairly small headed screws. I initially used screws with heads that only just fit through the back of the eggs bracket and when I finally had them on the wall I couldn't get the eggs on. Smaller heads mean you don't have to be millimeter perfect with your placing of the screws.

Mark.