Question wallmounting a samsung UE43TU7020

njdbaxter

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My DIY skills are terrible, so any help or advice appreciated.

Removed a broken TV from the wall today. Samsung TV arrived shortly after and appears that it needs M8 screws. Whoever installed my 2 wallmounts years ago took all the spare fittings/screws with them.

insert says 20-22mm distance on TV hole, so would this mean M8 25mm screws are needed?

Checked homebase, b&m, b&q, homebargins and screwfix. None sell 8M screws. Would it be best just buying the cheapest wallmount i can find in any store and hope it has the screws I need?

the brackets that go into the back of the TV dont seem to have very large holes, seem to be only 8mm, which is what 8M Screws are. will they fit ok or will i need new brackets too?

Wall mount and brackets

Attachments

• DSC_0602.JPG
    DSC_0602.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0601.JPG
    DSC_0601.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 118
M8 screws are sold in screwfix failing that my advice would be get a new wall mount like this one Buy AVF Superior Flat to Wall 32-55 Inch TV Wall Mount | TV wall brackets | Argos I have bought 2 of them really easy to install and I’m not the best at DIY haha
All Screwfix have in M8 are bolts or hex bolts, no screws.

Don't own a drill, so if bought a new mount would need someone to install. Using existing is best option if doable.

Mount was bought in 2012, said up to 37 inch, but the frame of 37 inch Toshiba was thick so nearly as wide as a new 43 Samsung, and was also a couple KG heavier, so would prob be ok for the 43 Samsung.

Just impossible to find screws in-store, and wondering if M8 screws to wide for holes in existing mount.

Holes seem to be 8mm, so don't know if this is the same for all mounts, and if all are tight for M8 screws

Usually it is M8 screws for most wall mounts you could always buy some and check if they fit it only a couple of quid if they don’t just buy some more failing that you can get a drill for £20 from Argos that would do the job

Usually it is M8 screws for most wall mounts you could always buy some and check if they fit it only a couple of quid if they don’t just buy some more failing that you can get a drill for £20 from Argos that would do the job

Yeah, found seller on eBay, said all TU7000, 7100 and 8000, are 21-23mm, my TU7020 insert says 20-22mm. It's 4 25mm screws and washers for under £3 delivered. Extra few mm prob due to thickness of bracket and washer, so 25mm seems right.

Prob set up TV in another room on the stand, set it all up and then wallmount once screws arrive. Hopefully won't need to replace wallmount

Hi I have just bought the same tv and have the same problem and was wondering what you used to sort it out we bought the m8 screws but found out that the don’t fit and was wondering if we need to but a spacer for it

Samsung TV's sometimes have spacers provided, mine were missing Samsung sent replacements free of charge

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom