Wall Sockets for Speakers


Active Member
At present I have a 6.1 system with speaker cables right round the room. I am hoping to chase all these wires into the wall and I was wondering ig there is a wall socket that you can also insert into the wall so as to connect the cable to this socket and leave a small amount of wire from the speaker itself to, say a banana plug type connection in the socket. Is there such a thing or something similar and if there is can anyone point me in the right direction, website etc. Oh and would it degrade the signal.


Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
QED do them, Maplins probably do them. You can make them yourself from bits as well if you fancy. Or

Why not just fit an aerial face plate and knock the co-ax outlet part out. Feed the cable through the hole and then terminate it with plugs for your speakers. You eliminate the unwanted connection, it looks neat and costs less.........



Active Member
Cheers Gordon, I am going to try connection types so if ness I can disconnect easily and take speakers out of room ( to keep household harmony, the wife in other words)



The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom