1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall Socket Dilemma

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Trev S-J, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Trev S-J

Trev S-J
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Wonder if any body can help,I`m looking for a solution to the problem of having two 6-gang extension sockets behind my Hi fi and Home Cinema System.Within the next six months I will be having my House totally rewired and would like to make the rear section behind the hifi a little more permanent(with regards to the sockets being chased in to the wall of the lounge)Does anybody know of a company who manufactures this type of product?(not an extension lead type I hasten to add!!!)My electrician only knows of the cable trunking types.Any help would be greatly appreciated--Trev S-J.

2. Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Just get him to install lots of double sockets like THIS and THIS.

Johnny.

3. Alexg

Alexg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And like this:- if your wondering why there are gaps between some of the sockets that is because its a stud walll and I had to get them in between vertical batterns :)
    The switched spurs feed the sub, projector & plasma, I put them in so I can isolate each of them without having to get to the actual units. The backbox on the left with no plate on it is for the plasma connections but I havn't pulled in the cables yet.

-Alex

Attached Files:

4. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    I wanted the same thing, but instead of having more sockets put into the wall I had a channel taken out at the bottom of the wall and some deep wooden skirting fitted. All the speaker connection plates along with multiple power sockets and plates for rf connections etc. where then put in the skirting rather than the wall. The skirting is removable in sections of about 5ft and has plastic trunking running behind it for all the adio/video and power cables.

This makes it easier to add at a later date if needed too or even move things around without having to worry about cutting into walls again and re decorate.

5. Alexg

Alexg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cleric, that sounds a good way of doing it, unfortunatly I have too many sockets and if they were all in a row they would pertrude past the cabinet either side.