Quantcast

Wall Recess Shelving.

KevMitch73

Hi,

I am re-doing my AV set up.

This is what I currently have:

17294266-2CF2-4979-B11D-91AE89040D82.jpeg

The Yamaha is being replaced with a Denon X3600.

Following advice I am going for a BK sub to stand in front (where the current Bose sub is). This would block my AV in so I have decided to remove the turntable, raise the bottom shelf and block in and decorate the bottom section so that the sub just backs onto wall rather than hiding the AV.

I have had it suggested that once I go 5.1.2 that the AV will heat up a lot for such a tight housing.

Seeing as I would be lifting that bottom shelf around 160mm would it be worth installing a cooling fan into the base? I am planning on placing the AV on the bottom shelf and the SkyQ box on the top shelf. I will have 400mm height to house only the AVR and the SkyQ box.

Would the T9 do the job?

Any suggestions appreciated..

Last edited:

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Ideally you want to try to get as much space around your AV Receiver as possible, they do get quite hot... as does the SKY Q.

What's at the back of that built in section? Would it be possible to add some ventilation there?

KevMitch73

Ideally you want to try to get as much space around your AV Receiver as possible, they do get quite hot... as does the SKY Q.

What's at the back of that built in section? Would it be possible to add some ventilation there?
Yeah, I’ve actually opened the back up to get the cables through and there’s a void at the back going up and into the loft so cool air. I was thinking of incorporating some kind of vent at the back when I reinstate it.

FACFD558-1860-4188-B433-D77A75D70435.jpeg

Roohster

Distinguished Member
That should help a lot, most receivers have vented tops and back panel.

KevMitch73

That should help a lot, most receivers have vented tops and back panel.
yes, I was quite happy with my discovery at the back. I’m not sure where the X3600 vents but like you say I’m sure a flush fit vent incorporated into that back panel will help.

Top Bottom