Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Wall plates

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by toonster, May 13, 2005.

1. toonster

toonster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have wall mounted my Plasma and intend running the cables in the wall back to my av controller. I dont particularly want the cables to just come out of the wall behind the av controller, but I am struggling to find either scart or S video/audio wall plates. the only ones that I can find require soldering at the back. I would rather they were solderless as I aint that good with a soldering Iron.
    Any body any Ideas?

2. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Very doubtfull mate unless you can get a cable with sockets which can be screwed to the back of a home moddified plate. I did a similar thing with my speaker plates, but could also only find video plates with solder on sockets.

3. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Here's what I made up. It's a set of 4 blanking plates cut with a Dremel to accept speaker clips.
    [​IMG]

4. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have seen plates with plugs on the back and front for exactly the type of application you describe (though I don't remember that including SCART). I can't remember where, or find it now, but they do exist so it may be worth doing a bit more searching. I only recall them because I do have the cables dangling out of the wall, having also failed to find the plates and then found them about 2 months later when I was already committed.

Cheers

Greg