Wall Plates for Sky+ and tvLink Eye

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by smiling, Sep 21, 2007.

1. smiling

smiling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I am currently doing up my house and taking the opportunity to wire up as much as possible and am planning to have 2 satellite boxes (Sky+ and Normal Sky box) and want to be able to have them available in any room by using the TvLink eye device.

This sounds all straightforward, however, I want to ensure everything is wired neatly and hidden away so I have got the cables already out to the roof and leading into a storage room (my "comms" room). I have also wired 3 coax cables to each room for where the television will go in each room. The purpose for this is so that I can place the Sky+ or normal Sky box in any room (the use of the 2 coax cables), and the 3rd cable for the RF out for onward distribution. All of these cables terminate in the "comms" room.

To neaten every connection in each room, I am looking for the 3 cables to be terminated on a wall plate with 2 x F-Type Sky ports and 1 x TV port.

THE CHALLENGE:

1. Where can I get suitable single wall plate with 2xSat + 1xTV port which is suitable for tvLink Eye and use the 3 cables? (I have seen some on the internet, but they take one cable and split it into 3 or 4 outputs). I would like to know if I can make use of all 3 cables (without having them in a separate single socket. Also I think I need to use non-isolated face plate.

2. What distribution system should I use for the cables connected to the Satellite dish to connect to in order to go to any of the satellite points in the house?

3. What distribution system should I use for the RF Output from the Sky Box to then distribute to other rooms via the TV output? (Looking on the internet I think the Loftbox is suitable for this purpose).

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Smiling

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    In part answer, when I did my wall plates I got a double f type & double aerial socket (TV & radio) from Maplins (they have various combos). However I've still 4 'wall plates' - with the phone & power. I later saw a post where someone had found a 'plate' with all the sockets on - from Ebay among other places (of course I cant see one now) but that looked pretty smart. I'm sure google will turn something up. 3 coax may not be enough though. Ive 2 Sky (for+), 2 aerial (TV + radio), 1 RF return for the link to my bedroom, & 1 phone. Goodness knows what else would be desirable if i got a networked media PC.

3. FRANTIC FRANC

FRANTIC FRANC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86