Wall plates and loss of quality?

robhart84

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm setting up a new system with the monitor audio silver rx6 av12 5.1 speaker package and need some guidance on wall plates. i will be chasing all the cable into the wall and was planning on using some wall plates to make it look nice and was wondering if you get any quality loss in using wall plates. the link below is what i was looking at, if any one knows any better solution feel free to give any recommendations.

Play.com - Buy Fisual Hollywood / Brushed Aluminium Speaker Wall Plate / 5.1 / Black online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

thanks in advance

Difficult question to answer as i don't suppose that many people have done a direct comparison. I have no doubt that the theorists would say that there would be some deterioration in the signal but whether or not it would be audible is a moot point.

The wall plate that you have linked to is similar to the one that I had installed but as I was moving from stand mounted speakers connected directly to the amp to inwalls connected via the wall plate I can't offer a direct comparison save that it sounds fine to me

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom