Wall Plate / HDMI over CAT-5 suggestions

Garden Diva

Novice Member
Hi all! New poster here but looking for some advice getting our new system up and running.

We have an 85-inch Sony X81ch mounted on the wall. Works great with direct HDMI connection from my Macbook Air (using HDMI dongle)! But, once the wall plates (connected with 30 foot CAT-5 pair inside the wall) goes into the signal chain, the TV doesn't detect an image.

The wall plate works fine with a projector - and the Macbook detects the Sony TV just fine, even through the wall plate, and adjusts display resolution automatically, but won't mirror the display.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Some kind of upscaling in the Bravia, or voltage requirement on the TV being higher than the projector? Or "quality control" on the HDMI input auto-canceling a noisy signal that the projector doesn't reject?

If anyone has examples of wall plates that DO work with newer Sony TV's, that would help. I'm just using a cheap set I bought off eBay, but since they work with the projector, I don't see why they wouldn't work with the TV.

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom