1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall mounts for my speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by titanax, Jun 30, 2003.

1. titanax

titanax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am looking for wall mounted brackets that can secure my Tannoy 603s. Due to the trapeziod shape, I cannot get left to right side clamping brackets & I am having trouble finding front to back because I can't find one that clamps a depth of 6".

One shop dealer proposed using the Atacama Matrix brackets, but I would have to screw into the back of the speakers to do so. I would have to make 2 new holes!! Would this damage the speakers? I also believe that Atacama is one of the leading manufacturers of speaker stands & brackets, but the thought of drilling my speaks fills me with dread.

My primary concern is would my speakers be damaged ?

Please advise.

2. arkaig

arkaig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make you own mate. I did. Hombase, some chicken wire, a length of chain and a couple of hooks. Made a cradle out of the wire, (just wrap it around the speaker.) then threaded the a piece of chain through the wire and hung them from the ceiling right in the corner of the room. One tiny hole, and adjustable! All for under a tenner. :eek: Looked pretty good too.