Wall mounts and Sky links - adivce wanted

Scapegoat

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Having now got the Sky RF problems sorted and my wall mount kit has arrived for my Samsung LCD TV - I want to out the TV up.

The kit I have bought has an 18mm wall clearance, but I want to connect a link to the TV.

Upstairs I have tke link box connected directly to the TV as its doesn't matter that its slightly proud, but in the kitchen it will stick out to far for the wall mount.

The only way I can think of doing this is to create a short coaxial cable (say 3-4 inches) to go from the TV socket down to the link box, and then plug the cable in to it there.

However I am not very (i.e. at all) experienced at making up AV cables myself - so do I need to go and get one made/or is there some where I can buy one online/an alternative?

Scapegoat said:
Having now got the Sky RF problems sorted and my wall mount kit has arrived for my Samsung LCD TV - I want to out the TV up.

The kit I have bought has an 18mm wall clearance, but I want to connect a link to the TV.

Upstairs I have tke link box connected directly to the TV as its doesn't matter that its slightly proud, but in the kitchen it will stick out to far for the wall mount.

The only way I can think of doing this is to create a short coaxial cable (say 3-4 inches) to go from the TV socket down to the link box, and then plug the cable in to it there.

However I am not very (i.e. at all) experienced at making up AV cables myself - so do I need to go and get one made/or is there some where I can buy one online/an alternative?

Just buy a standard RF lead which is usually about a metre in length and coil it behind the TV.

JayCee said:
Just buy a standard RF lead which is usually about a metre in length and coil it behind the TV.

doh - obvious. And I have about 3 spare as well...

THANKS

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom