1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall mounting

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Epoman, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Epoman

Epoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Oh dear.....I've gone and done it. Ordered my Pio MXE today, courtesy of Joe at TMF. :clap:

Bank manager won't be happy when he sees me in the red again, but he won't know until it's too late :D

Gotta start thinking about getting it above my fireplace now. Anybody got any tips for somebody who hasn't the faintest where to start?

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Do a search on this forum - loads of stuff on wall mounting, some of it will scare you sh****** if you have plasterboard walls.

Eventually I took the plunge and now have my 433MXE hanging and very nice it looks too, and I have Gyproc plasterboard.

3. mike1

mike1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What type of wall will it be fixed to?

4. Epoman

Epoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    The Plasma will go above the working (but unused) gas fireplace in my 1930's semi. On the other side of the fireplace is my adjoining neighbours home.

I will try to ascertain the make up of the wall, but am I right in assuming that it has to be brick given the working fireplace and the adjoining property? If this is the case then presumably all I need are long expanding bolts to fix the plasma mount to the wall :confused:

If however I’m looking at plasterboard or breeze blocks, then no way am I attempting it – the threads I’ve read here have scared me off and I’d rather leave that risk to my local builder :eek:

Any advice? There are loads of threads here re fixing to plasterboard, but none that I could find re brickwork.

I will be running cables through ducting mounted on the skirting – I can’t dig channels as the room is newly redecorated :(