1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall mounting with chrome/waste pipe

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mikearv, Nov 9, 2004.

1. mikearv

mikearv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've read some of you use either chrome pipe or plastic waste pipe to hide the wires on the wall of your plasmas.

I'm not sure though, if the pipes are only say 40mm, how the connectors on the ends of the cables(ie, DVI) fit down the pipes? do you need to slit the length of the pipe?

Also, I can't find any chrome pipe on B&Qs naff website, anyone got a link?

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    B&Q have a quite a few, but you need to go and wander around the store...

you also may need to be imaginative and look at items like metal curtain poles which are often ideal...:)

DVI, VGA and Scart cables make it difficult to get narrow pipes - best to take along your cable and see if it fits - thats what I did in the end ;)

JJ

3. mikearv

mikearv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a look at b&q, the curtain poles look best but they're still not big enough to fit a DVI connector through, nevermind a scart connector.

I'm thinking the only way this is gonna be possible is to get a huge pipe, and find someway of creating a cut along the length of the pipe at the back where the cables can just slip into.

4. Mr Wolfie

Mr Wolfie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This might sound a little wild for what your asking.

i personally are in the middle of redecorating my lounge and in presidence of taking delivery of a panni PW6, i chanelled out my wall and installed a square rainwater down pipe plus 2 shoes (the ones at slight angles that go on top of drains) top and bottom..

i can now throw anything down the pipe scartleads etc... :thumbsup:

i know it maybe a bit to far fetched for what u want but even with all the addon boards installed i don`t think i`ll ever have a problem with space :smashin: