1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall mounting the Panasonic TH42PV500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ClumsyBiker, Jun 1, 2005.

1. ClumsyBiker

ClumsyBiker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would I be right that the panasonic order code "TH42PV500B" means the TV with no wall bracket?

If so, I would like recommendations for a wall mount for this unit, preferably a retailer who can deliver within 2-3 working days. At the moment I'm looking at the AV-Sales slimline mount at £125- they say that the Viera PE30/50B needs the extra £20 extension kit, but the PV500 does not.

Can anyone confirm the above (especially about the extension kit), or recommend a good bracket to suit the PV500?

2. ClumsyBiker

ClumsyBiker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As an addendum to the previous post: I've ordered the slimline bracket from AV-Sales and one of their staff has just phoned me to query me order re: the £20 Viera extension bracket.

Apparently his colleague was incorrect in advising me, and now I DO need this extension. (Makes sense considering all the new Vieras seem to have that large plastic cowl covering the inputs on the rear of the set)

AV-Sales dropped the ball a little there :oops: , but at least recovered in time so I won't be disappointed when the unit arrives next week!

Roll on delivery.

3. nijhar

nijhar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have done alot of research into mounts and have found:

http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/

the cheapest around. They are based in watford. you can get stuff delivered or pick up from them. the best mounts are probably the Vogels brand. i am about to order all my mounts and accessories from them soon.

hope this helps...

Nij