1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall Mounting Surr. Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by chubbyandy, Dec 21, 2004.

1. chubbyandy

chubbyandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone wall mounted direct radiating speakers (10 lbs) as surround speakers, with good results? Unless I can find a bracket that swivels, the speakers would have to be firing straight ahead. I am looking at wall mounting a speaker that would approximately be the size of a MA B2 or the EPOS ELS 3. Any suggestions? Maybe I should just go with a dipole/bipole surround. Only position that I can mount surrounds is on the back wall, not the side walls. Don't really want to use stands, as I want the surrounds at least 2 feet higher than ear level.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The Epos is a rear ported speaker and won't be as easy to site as the Monitor Audio which is front ported. Wallmounting isn't really recommended for rear ported speakers.

3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    You never said what speakers they were, you will be able to get brackets to mount them anyway.
    I had some mordaunt short ms10 speakers mounted on the walls ,seemed to work for me.
    Maplins do some brackets but should be easy to find elsewhereClick me

4. chubbyandy

chubbyandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys for your input. Merry Christmas btw.