Wall mounting speakers horizontally

geojay

I have a pair of B&W DM601 S2s which I now need to mount horizontally (i.e. landscape rather than portrait) on the wall due to a low ceiling. My existing AVF brackets (something very similar to Amazon product ) don't extend wide enough to cope with these speakers mounted this way. The bracket would need to be able to accommodate a speaker 36cm wide. Can anyone suggest something suitable and reasonably priced? I'd like the bracket to be able to adjust in the rotation relative to the wall (i.e. left / right) and the vertical angle (i.e. angle up / down). I hope this makes sense!

Thanks in anticipation...

Helix Hifi

I think B-Tech should have many options regarding different speakers solutions hanging on the wall.

B-tech 77 wall bracket. Music gear also have other solutions.

Still I don’t really see the point off placing the speakers on the wall rather then having them on speaker stands.

They are not designed that way, like you see in cafe shops etc where the speakers are on wall brackets. Speakers in cafe shops are differently tuned by the engineers so that the treble reaches the ears correctly.

Because the the treble of the B&W speakers needs to in ear height.

Last edited:

Helix Hifi

Anyway this is just my suggestions. Perhaps @gibbsy can help.

I seem to remember he has he’s speakers in a surround set up on wall brackets.

Baron Mole

How are the speakers used ? Stereo L&R.
surround - which channel ?

Why are they wall mounted ? What has happened to drive the change ?

gibbsy

Anyway this is just my suggestions. Perhaps @gibbsy can help.

I seem to remember he has he’s speakers in a surround set up on wall brackets.
I did look but the Btech mounts I use have a maximum of 28cm. Centre speaker mounts seem to be a fixed right angle so unable to angle downwards.

The question has to be asked as to why do they need to be placed so high?

geojay

How are the speakers used ? Stereo L&R.
surround - which channel ?

Why are they wall mounted ? What has happened to drive the change ?
They're in a new location with a lower ceiling. Mounting them vertically would mean a high risk of my banging my head on them...

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
These may suffice.

Amazon product

A couple of points though if I may?

The 602s are big, hairy arsed mamas. Serious mass to be hanging from a height. 😳

Also, if I recall from mine correctly, they have an unusual tweeter guide, which was designed to spread the sound horizontally, but to impede it a little vertically.

So switching them ninety degrees will cause the opposite effect.

Shouldn’t be a big problem, but you might need to get the tweeter aim spot on toward the LP.

And ceiling reflections may be an issue if they are really close to it.

password1

Distinguished Member
I personally would not trust any speaker bracket and make my own to be certain the speaker won't fall on your head.

I'd be more worried about them falling on your head and banging your head on them.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom