Wall Mounting Small TV

Maverick567

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking at trying to wall mount a small no more than a 6kg TV on a bedroom wall. I understand that the ideal is two mount onto studs however the building is metal stud work and the wall I want to mount it on is only 30 inches wide so there is limited mounting locations. There is already all wiring installed in the wall at 1.5 meters.

Would a standard tilt mount be suitable with specific plasterboard fixings like grippit or toggler given the limited amount of wait being used.

I think the house has 15 mm plasterboard throughout.

When we did our 40" TV and Sky box my Joiner friend suggested glueing and screwing a wooden board to the wall first (We had no studs on this small wall either) and then mounting the bracket to that. I had him put some sides and a removable front on it also to hide the wiring etc as the wall is strawboard (Yuck!) but you wouldn't need to do that.
thumb_IMG_0636_1024.jpg

The bracket is the Omnimount OC80FM TV Wall Bracket:
41UyZKGoXNL._SY300_.jpg

When we did our 40" TV and Sky box my Joiner friend suggested glueing and screwing a wooden board to the wall first (We had no studs on this small wall either) and then mounting the bracket to that. I had him put some sides and a removable front on it also to hide the wiring etc as the wall is strawboard (Yuck!) but you wouldn't need to do that.
View attachment 687750

The bracket is the Omnimount OC80FM TV Wall Bracket:
View attachment 687751

D and W that is a very neat solution! How big is the bit of wood that is glued to the wall??

Its far bigger than it needs to be to be fair! I assume yours isn't an exterior or load bearing wall? If it was you could just use longer screws and push the raw plugs through the plaster into the brick / block.

One of the tv's is but I'm planning using Rigifix M6 bolts for that one. However the one described above is on a small wall which is literally just a dividing wall between bedroom and en suite.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom