Wall Mounting - Samsung UN55D7000

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by jlin615, Dec 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jlin615

jlin615
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just mounted my Samsung UN55D7000 and UN46B8000 two weeks ago. Using this mount:

Amazon.com: VideoSecu Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for Most 32"- 65" LED LCD Plasma TV Flat Panel Screen Free HDMI Cable and Magnetic Bubble Level MF607B 1QH: Electronics

Since both TV's have the recessed screw holes in the back, I had to use the longer M8 screws along with the black nylon spacers that came with the wall mount to put on the vertical arms.

After putting on the vertical arms, I find that the vertical arms have a tiny bit of play or wobble, it's not pressed tight against the black nylon spacers. It seems like the M8 screws are 1mm-2mm too long. Is this normal?

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,144
    It's not an uncommon problem. Just stick a couple of washers under the screws.

Are you sure you needed the spacers though? It will be more rigid with the vertical parts directly in contact with the back of your panel.

3. jlin615

jlin615
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even if I add a couple washers to fill up that 2mm space, will it give it additional support? It seems that right now the only thing supporting the TV to the arms are the four M8 screws.

For the UN46B8000, I can use the shorter M8 screws that came with the wall mount kit and not use the spacers.

For the UN55D7000, I can only use the longer M8 screws thus having to use the spacers.

4. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,144
    It'll be fine. I'd do it like this:-

Panel < Spacer < Bracket < Washers < Bolt

Do the shorter bolts not reach at all then? The other alternative would be to cut down the longer bolts or just go out and buy some the right length.

Or... Will the spacer fit the other side of the bracket? Like this:-

Panel < Bracket < Spacer < Bolt

That might make enough difference that you can fasten it tightly as the spacer will no longer be sitting in the recess on the back of the panel.

Either way, don't worry about the load - 4 x M8 bolts are several orders of magnitude stronger than you actually need!