Wall mounting OLED tv

mb2409

Novice Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the TV section but it may belong better here.

I have an LG Oled B6 (I think, it's a couple of years old). Anyway, I've moved into a new place and have sourced the originally recommended wall bracket (OTW420B).

I want to wall mount the TV and I then have Dali Zensor 1's as my Left and Right Front speakers and a Dali Zensor Vokal and Dali E9F Subwoofer all wired into a Pioneer VSX-933.

If I used the slim wall mount and then wall mount my front, left and centre speakers do you think the TV will look a bit silly as it's so flush while the speakers are standing out 25cm from the wall?

Would you create a floating wall for the TV to allow it to sit alongside the speakers?

Who knows? Only you can decide whether something looks odd to you or not based on your personal opinion.

Not sure what the depth of the speakers is but personally it would look very odd if you had this protrusion, roughly TV sized square, jutting out from the wall 250mm. If you were going to do it, it would probably need to be floor to ceiling (like a blocked up fireplace) to look "right".

YMMV as they say.

G

Thanks for the reply. Just wasn't sure what people thought or if they had done it. I guess it's not so different than having wall mounted speakers with a projector and screen.

I'm just hesitating before I drill holes everywhere!

One thing I've learned very well from doing huge amounts of complex DIY on my house is *NOTHING* can't be fixed with enough time and money.

By that I mean even if you drill holes in the wrong place, drill through a pipe, don't like it after you've done it etc. etc. it's all fixable. If things go wrong, it's just time and money to put it right.

G

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom