1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall mounting my Samsung LE32R41BDX

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by GB_WGC_2005, Sep 29, 2005.

1. GB_WGC_2005

GB_WGC_2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone advise whether I should do this myself.
    Basically I have a solid brick wall with an understairs cupboard behind it. I have a cabinet built in to the same wall (below where the TV is to go) which will house my DVD player and video. What I was planning to do was feed the cables through the wall into the cupboard and then into the back of the devices in the cabinet. Is this a good idea or should I be chasing the cables in? I haven't got a clue whether to get the professionals in!

If anyone can offer advice on how to route the cables, what materials to use, etc, that would be very helpful.

2. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,763
    No, sounds like a grand plan to me, much simpler than chasing cables in and much easier to change anything. If you want to be perfectionist you could line the hole(s) with a polythene pipe to prevent cable chaffing but I don't think it's strictly necessary.

dave

3. GB_WGC_2005

GB_WGC_2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers Dave, maybe I'll post some photos of my handywork - it might make a good case study :eek:

4. GB_WGC_2005

GB_WGC_2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A guy at work was mentioning using phono to SCART converter / cables rather than going SCART to SCART from my VCR to TV and DVD to TV. He says it will mean not having to make such a big hole in the wall for fat SCART cables. Does anyone know what exactly I'd need to achieve this, or am I better off going SCART to SCART for both devices?? It's all Greek to me..
    Do I need a converter and a cable? If anyone has any good links, those would be appreciated..

Thanks again

5. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,763
    It depends what picture you're looking at Composite, s-video or RGB, going to phonos and scart convertors means you can only use composite unless you use an s-video lead. If you want to retain SCART (and I would advise you to, unless you know you are watching a composite picture), find a SCART lead where you can easily remove the outer casing. This will decrease the size of hole to cut but retain maximum connectivity.

Dave