1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wall mounting Kef Eggs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by JampoTT, Nov 27, 2004.

1. JampoTT

JampoTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've recently moved into a newly built house, and bought my Kef Eggs with me. I also managed to get my hands on an additional Egg, so have 6 satellites to mount. Previously, in my old house, I ran some flat cable under the floor and had the (2) rears on the proper Kef stands - however, I'm not that keen on the stands, and the 3rd rear speaker I have now got cannot really go in a suitable place on a stand, hence I want to wall mount (at almost ceiling height).

As its a newly built property, I'm hoping to be able to run the cables behind the plasterboard, and just have entry and exit holes (which I can hide, fill or plug to make look neat) - does anyone have any tips for doing this? which cable to use etc?

My problem will be the centre rear, as the wall I'm mounting on has a set of french doors through to a conservatory, and the speaker really should mount above the centre of the doors (the main reason why a speaker on a stand wouldn't work!)

Problem is, how can I route cable properly to this location?

If I was to get a builder / electrician (which would be better?) to do this work (channelling instead of dragging the cable behind the plasterboard) how much could I reasonably expect to spend to get the 6 speakers all wallmounted properly (or at least the 3 rear ones for now?

What cable would people recommend?

I have a carpet floor at the moment - how can I best get the cables across to the other side of the room?

Help! I need some ideas...