1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall mounting JM Labs SIbs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by McBain, Oct 7, 2003.

1. McBain

McBain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All,

I'm having real trouble wall mounting my JM Labs SIBS. Basicall the (sparse) instructions say use a 6mm masonry drill bit and push the plugs into the hole.

However, concrete lintels aside, the holes I DID manage to drill (in breeze block by the look of it seem simply too small for the plugs. I cant get them more than 1/2 an inch in before they wont budge any further.

Anyone else tried wall mounting these with the supplied plugs? If not, nayone got any tips on what the fork I'm doing wrong?

(I'm a complete DIY muppet by the way).

2. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    I tried this and your right the bloody holes were too small, To be honest the size of the screws is overkill for the wieght of the speakers.

I kinda made the holes a little larger, then hit the rawl plugs with a hammer, on most of them the first 1/2" -1" broke off, but even after this I got plenty of bite on the screws.(YEEEHAAA Cowboy) Bloody hard work though.

I tell you what though, if I was moving the speakers to another room, I would use smaller screws and plugs!

3. McBain

McBain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the response - at least I know I'm sane now - there's no way those supplied plugs will go in a 6mm hole!

I got around it by buying some proper 6mm plugs (same length) - these went in a treat and have given a pretty solid fixing all round.