1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall mounting Denon

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by yazzy, Jan 14, 2005.

1. yazzy

yazzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In possession on my Denon DHT500 for about a month now and was wondering what wall mounts users recommend for mounting the speakers?

Thx

2. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    These are un-obtrusive speaker mounts work perfectly, look good and come with the necessary screws to attach to the speaker bottoms.

http://www.avf.co.uk/product.php?cat=HF&product=P6199

They're handy as you can mount them in many ways, so very flexible - Currys and B&Q stock them and cost between £20.00 - £25.00.

Hope this helps

Nathan

3. rich80

rich80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same position as Yazzy on this one.

Nathan - I assume you use the longer of the available brackets in the package and these come out the wall and 'up' to connect to the bottom of the speakers?

4. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Yep, I used the longer bars. If you look at the picture on that link, the left end fitting stays in the same position as the picture and scews into the wall, the right end fitting rotates so the flat side of the rounded fitting faces upwards and this is where the speaker screws into.

5. yazzy

yazzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is brill, thanks for your help Rich80.

I hear its best to mount a couple of feet above your sitting position, would you agree?

6. rich80

rich80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to Nathan for this help.

Yazzy, with regard to your comment on speaker positions, the general consensus is that fronts should be at ear level and rears should be 1-3ft behind seating position, 3-5ft above you (angled towards you). The centre speaker can be located above or below the TV and finally it has been argued that the sub should be placed near the TV to give a more rounded sound to dialogue.

This is discussed in more detail in the thread below:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179043

Hope this helps

Regards
    Rich

7. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I bought the same back speaker brackets that Nathan recommended when I got my Denon and he is spot on in his recommendation. The speakers look the business too with them.

8. yazzy

yazzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I have my stands and have finished tweaking the system. Took me a while for the perfect set up but worth all the time and money spent!! a truely Brill system..
    Have A philips 32inch Pixel Plus2 TV and the combo is great!!

9. chrisderoza

chrisderoza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a similar problem, except it's with my 500SD center speaker. I'm planning to use a projector and hence a projector screen. All my components including the projectr, the DVD player, X-box etc will be located above and behind the viewer. I'm planning to have the opposite wall completely free of anything apart from pcitures and photos, not even a TV console. The projector screen will be pulled down from a recess in the ceiling when it is required.

I have no problems mounting the 2 front surround speakers from the ceiling. I want to mount thwe center speaker in front of the screen mounted on the ceiling, however it does not have any mount screw holes. Anyone have any solutions?