Wall Mounting Bookshelf Speakers

Spangle2k5

Novice Member
Pretty much as the title says.

I have a pair of Diamond 9.1s on the way and due to the room in which they are going they will have to be wall mounted, probably about 1.5m from the floor.

I require mounts that will allow horizontal and vertical movement to allow me to get the speakers spot on but am finding nothing large enough to accomodate the speakers (30D x 20W). Due to the speakers having curved sides, the mount must grip the front and back.

I don't mind the idea of small shelves to put the speakers on but wonder if the sound will be hindered by having the speakers pointing straight forward over my head, rather than tilted down at me, so something more adjustable is desirable.

Pics of room can be seen at http://www.passthejam.com/avforums/office2.jpg and http://www.passthejam.com/avforums/office1.jpg. I want to either mount the speakers high on the wall shown in office2, or mount one on each wall either side of my PC but angled into the room (my chair is on opposite side of room).

I apologise for the mess, it is all my fault and I will tidy it up later :clap: I deleted my old speakers from pic as I hate them. A lot.

I don't really want to spend silly money on this, really I would like to be tightfisted and spend, say £20 or so.

So, any thoughts?

Spangle2k5

Novice Member
:bump::lease:

Thunder

Novice Member
I believe Atacama make some reasonable wall brackets:)

tujax

Novice Member

unique

i wall mounted a pair of wharfdale diamonds with the £20 speaker bracket/wallmounts from richersounds. i'm not DIY expert but they have actually stayed on the wall. they don't look so great tho, big black boxes on black metal brackets on a magnolia coloured wall. theres nothing much you can do about the speakers, but you could maybe put the brackets up and paint them the same blue colour as your wall to disguise them a bit more. the £20 brackets move from side to side and up and down and stuff so you have pretty good direction in where they are to point

Spangle2k5

Novice Member
unique said:
i wall mounted a pair of wharfdale diamonds with the £20 speaker bracket/wallmounts from richersounds. i'm not DIY expert but they have actually stayed on the wall. they don't look so great tho, big black boxes on black metal brackets on a magnolia coloured wall. theres nothing much you can do about the speakers, but you could maybe put the brackets up and paint them the same blue colour as your wall to disguise them a bit more. the £20 brackets move from side to side and up and down and stuff so you have pretty good direction in where they are to point

This is very interesting, I was looking at this brackets but discounted them as I couldn't find a spec on them anywhere. Presumably you have the Diamond 9.1s as I do then?

Might well go for these as they are right on the money.

tujax said:
Well, I'm imagining two models for your case: the b-tech bt77 which has side grips or the vogels VLB 200, which has front-back grips that you request. Having said that, I actually prefer the b-tech which is what a use, also on a curved-side speakers (kef-q1). The grips will hold, and you can always use blue-tac to make a "mold".

Thanks very much for both of these, they both look very promising. I have a Vogel LCD mount and it is fantastic. I have a dealer in the next town from me (so the distributors website says) so will go along and have a look. The price is a bit high but they look like very well made units.

Greatly appreciated, all of you :thumbsup:

unique

Spangle2k5 said:
This is very interesting, I was looking at this brackets but discounted them as I couldn't find a spec on them anywhere. Presumably you have the Diamond 9.1s as I do then?

Might well go for these as they are right on the money.

http://ws1.richersounds.co.uk/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=GALE-SWB2UWALL

it's an older pair of diamonds from about 13 years ago actually. i got em for nothing and they were just sitting about, but made ideal rears. i doubt there will be much difference in weight. i'm sure the brackets will take something a bit bigger and heavier

there are 4 screws that you screw into the wall with rawplugs, i used a crappy electric drill that the former owner left and that did the trick, then you balance the speaker on and tighten the screws. nothing penetrates into the wood. as mine are rears i've put them on sideways so the tweeters arent as high up, and as one side of the room has a wooden false ceiling with some barry white 70"s style dimmable spotlights, so to get the speakers at the same height i had to do that. the other speaker is just above the doorframe on the other side of the room

it didn't take long to setup and get working, and it's lasted over a year now. i'm thinking of upgrading to MS902s as rears as they will look nicer, so i might paint the brackets white if i do (of course not removing them from the wall first as i'm too lazy and they will probably fall down if i ever try putting them up again!)

http://ws1.richersounds.co.uk/common/productpictures/100672.jpg

Spangle2k5

Novice Member
Managed to get the perfect mounts on fleabay for £3.20 in the end, can't be bad!

Thanks for all your help :thumbsup:

fizzgog

Spangle2k5

Novice Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom