Wall mounting an OLED TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by digitalspace, Jul 23, 2018.

1. digitalspace

digitalspace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi all

I've wall mounted a few TV's in my time for friends and family but feel like I need a bit of advise on this one. We've just bought our first house and I want to mount our new OLED on to the boarded up fireplace. I have the wall bracket and fixings and the upper part of the fireplace is hollow behind so this should be fairly straightforward but my question is about hiding the cables.

usually I'd make a hole behind the TV and drop the cable vertically down to the floor where they come out through a brushed faceplate but in this case I'd rather come out the right side where you can see the aerial connections etc. Only thing is I'm worried about the regs regarding mains wiring not going either straight horizontal or vertical. I suppose I could just drop the cables straight doen to the floor as usual, and come out with a bit of external trunking leading to the right corner... but I'd refer it all hidden if possible

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. bossc@

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +293
    Just punch through the front and then out the right. Not sure on concerns about mains wiring...you havent mentioned you were looking to provide a new spur. Really cannot see why it should be an issue. I did the same in a 1930s house and ran the power lead and various HDMI and network cables without any problems. I shelved the alcove to the side to house all other equipment.