Question Wall mounting an LGOLED55B7V - what cables?

Discussion in 'OLED TVs Forum' started by marcosscriven, Nov 4, 2018.

1. marcosscriven

marcosscriven

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +23
      I'm about to mount my TV on the wall, but wondering about how (and what) cables to route around chimney into a cupoboard by the side.

I quite like using the inbuilt Freeview, so as a minimum I'd guess:
      1. Power
      2. RF cable
      3. 1x HDMI cable
      Then using an HDMI switcher in the cupboard. The downside is then I'd need another remove, and not be able to select inputs on the screen.

How do folks here do it? Just have 4x HDMI cables routed through the wall?

2. fat jez

fat jez

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +801
      Mine goes through a receiver, so that handles all the HDMI switching. I'd also suggest adding an ethernet cable just in case and possibly a second HDMI, unless it will be easy to pull through additional cables later?

3. ristac

ristac

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +98
      For me, if you are going to have an OLED TV then you must have an AV Receiver too, I can't see the point having the image quality without the sound experince myself. I would also imagine it would be a nightmare trying to run 4 HDMI cables from any wall mounted TV unless you want a good few inches gap between the wall and the back of the TV, just too much cabling

4. fryrpc

fryrpc
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2
      I started running everything through an AV Receiver and only one HDMI cable to the TV (Input and ARC). Nice and neat setup but soon I realized that although this setup works I could not have preset settings for each of my inputs as they were all going through the TV's HDMI2 port. So now I have all 4 HDMI ports on the TV populated (PC / AppleTV / AV ARC / Chromecast) and I have a couple of devices on the AV Receiver that are OK to share the same settings associated with HDMI2.

So now not a great setup for wall mounting - shame it is not a Samsung with the one connect box (nice single cable that provides power and inputs) - Oh I remember Samsung don't do OLED anymore ;-)