Wall mounting a TV onto lightweight blocks.

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any tips for wall mounting a TV when the substrate is a block wall made of thermal blocks - ie, very porous?

A few tradesmen have commented that the blocks are useless in this respect as the fixings pull out too easily - so its been suggested that I use some thick plywood to mount the bracket to, I would appreciate some comments from people who have done this already as I doubt the builders etc have.

Thanks in advance.

I've not fixed anything to a thermal block wall before, but Plywood or MDF to the wall first with loads of glue and long screws and then mount the TV bracket to the wood is the best idea IMHO.
I had to do a similar thing with my wall, but that was because it was a stud and I could only get 1 screw into a joist and wanted something more secure. ;)

A few tradesmen have commented that the blocks are useless in this respect as the fixings pull out too easily

Thanks in advance.

I reckon your tradesman don't know what they are talking about!:rotfl:

Search previous posts - alot will give you the best option which is M8 steel threaded stud and resin. The more the better, and spread them across the whole bracket width. This method creates a very strong fix that will not pull out at all. Forget the wood + glue method.

Hope this helps,

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom