• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wall mounting 46pz85 on dot dab plasterboard

fernando

Established Member
Has been suggested on another thread that you cut out the plasterboard to the size of the wall mount. Screw some plywood (same thickness as plasterboard) directly onto the wall and then your wall mount onto the plywood. Job done.

gregster10217

Established Member
The wall you are talking about, is it an external wall? If so, I would be happy to put that screen on a wall mount onto a dot and dab wall. Just make sure you use all of the holes on the mount to be sure it's not going anywhere.
I know it's not quite the same, but I did a floating wall onto dot and dab wall, then put two batons onto the wall and attached the mount to them. I didn't fully try it, but I'm fairly happy it would have supported my weight (not telling - but it's a lot more than a 30ish KG plamsa TV!!!
Also, have a look at Torn's floating wall thread. He mounted a 50" Panny plasma onto dot and dab, but cannot remember exactly how he did it.http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-diy/718090-lounge-dining-room-floating-walls.html

Hope to have been of help.

Greg

Last edited:

s8ndo

Standard Member
The wall you are talking about, is it an external wall? If so, I would be happy to put that screen on a wall mount onto a dot and dab wall. Just make sure you use all of the holes on the mount to be sure it's not going anywhere.
I know it's not quite the same, but I did a floating wall onto dot and dab wall, then put two batons onto the wall and attached the mount to them. I didn't fully try it, but I'm fairly happy it would have supported my weight (not telling - but it's a lot more than a 30ish KG plamsa TV!!!
Also, have a look at Torn's floating wall thread. He mounted a 50" Panny plasma onto dot and dab, but cannot remember exactly how he did it.http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-diy/718090-lounge-dining-room-floating-walls.html

Hope to have been of help.

Greg

it is an external wall, anyone else got any tips?

Dave_Gregory

Established Member

Greg

Cut out the plasterboard and mount directly to the exterior wall as already suggested but please dont drill a hole for every space in the mount as this will more likely weaken the wall rather than stregthen it.

Dave

s8ndo

Standard Member
If i cut out the plasterboard then won't it look a mess when the arm of the bracket is pulled out?

Someone mentioned Rigifix, anyone used them on dot dab walls?

andy900uk

Established Member
just use rigifix fixings ,drill through the plasterboard and into the blockwork, its not all hollow behind the plasterboard there will be plenty of adhesive behind it as well, .

fernando

Established Member
Cut out the plasterboard and mount directly to the exterior wall as already suggested but please dont drill a hole for every space in the mount as this will more likely weaken the wall rather than stregthen it.

Dave

If the screen is mounted slightly into the wall, how do you get to the screws on top of the bracket to tighten them?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom