Wall Mounted Speaker Brackets

motr

Due to my son having a bit of an accident at home on Saturday involving the couch and one of my speaker stands, I have to seriously consider mounting my speakers on the wall, rather than stands.

Thankfully, my 3 yeard old boy is fine, a couple of bruises, the stand however totally got ruined.

I have never used wall brackets before, but could somebody tell me if these are going to do a job? http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/view_item.php?product=1000577&&category=141

I have a pair of wharfedale Diamond 9s, so only small speakers and at this moment in time, sonic heaven isn't a priority (as you can tell, because the speakers aren't exactly brilliant), so, anyone want to share some thoughts with me?

Sun

Glad your son didn`t get hurt.

I had Mission M70`s wall mounted on these http://www.vogels.com/detail.asp?ISSAID=277&ParentID=31&ChildID=82&PlineId=0 Rock solid and easy to mount too.

don't mean to hijack so apologies, Paulie-W those Vogels mounts, how do the brackets maintain their angle/direction? Is it via some kind of alan key tightener? The reason I ask is that I have some Mordaunt Short MS302 as shown here http://www.avland.co.uk/ms/ms302/ms-302.htm but the brackets also shown are incredibly difficult to tighten by hand (the only option) and as a result the angle of the speakers has dropped considerably. How do the vogels work?

Cheers
Sun

Paulie-W

From what i can remember, they tighten down via an allen key, and clamp onto the ball part with a toothed washer. You can get them very tight, but there will always be some flexing in the abs/plastic (or whatever they`re made of). It takes a couple of goes to get it just right. But when it`s done, it is solid.

motr

Interesting. Thanks. May I ask at what sort of height is a good height?

Also may I ask where you get them from and a price?

Paulie-W

Interesting. Thanks. May I ask at what sort of height is a good height?

Also may I ask where you get them from and a price?

I got mine here http://www.avrabbit.com/browse-wall-supports-30.html (third one down) £18 odd delivered. As for height i had to stick mine up in the corners pointing down due to the WAF :rolleyes: I would just look at your room and decide for yourself. If you liked the sound from when they were on stands put them about the same etc. I don`t think there`s any real rule.

motr

Just want to say I got the Vogels you recommended Paulie and put them up last weekend.

They are still up, they work a treat and they sound just as good on the wall as my speaker stands.

Glad I took the plunge.

Cheers

Spoonhead

Just found this thread. I am looking at wall mounting my speakers but they have no fixing mounts etc at all. How do these brackets actually attach to the speakers. I'm a bit concerned about screwing into the back of them.

Regards

Gazza

Paulie-W

Just found this thread. I am looking at wall mounting my speakers but they have no fixing mounts etc at all. How do these brackets actually attach to the speakers. I'm a bit concerned about screwing into the back of them.

Regards

Gazza

What speakers do you have Gazza?

motr

Yes, should have said, the Diamonds had the screw hols already in place so there was no drilling of the speaker itself needed.

Spoonhead

Here's the picture.

I've only just spotted those wholes when I went to resize in photoshop. I've never spotted them before. I blame the black backs :suicide: I assume that's the screw holes?

By the way, the top ones are 25mm apart

jamo02.jpg

Unfortunately on the centre, they only have the 2 sets of holes at either side, nothing the middle.

Gazza

Paulie-W

As they seem to be accurately spaced, i would assume they are indeed mounting holes. Have a look with a torch just to make sure though.

For the centre guessing you want it on its side. You could try fabricating a bracket that spans the four holes down said side/top and mount onto that.

Spoonhead

Thanks Paulie for all your help. I might have to make something up for the centre, hopefully I can find some brackets for the fronts.

Gazza

teeftwo

Standard Member
Gazza,

Thanks for posting this info up here. I've been struggling to find decent brackets for my Jamo E500s since I moved house and it was good to see a full post from someone who's found a good solution.

I've ordered and sent back two sets of brackets now as they just weren't suitable, either two large or just ugly. The BT33's look just the job so I've ordered 2 full sets of these (8 brackets in total), one set for the Jamos and one set for the new q_acoustic speakers I'm getting.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
THX launches Onyx MQA supporting DAC/Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom