• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wall mounted monitor?

BurningAlive409

Standard Member
Hey,
I want to wall mount my monitor, and either have a vga cable running to a media pc beside my tv(requires buying a media case for my pc) Or putting the pc at the other side of the wall, in a cupboard(il take pics if you need them to understand) with a hdmi cable running to the tv.
Any thoughts? cheers

trekkiedj

In your living room?... what in particular are you not sure about? Running two monitors (even if one is a TV) is fairly simple. The only thing to remember is that most mobos with onboard VGA will only do dual screens via VGA and HDMI or VGA and DVI, not DVI and HDMI.

BurningAlive409

Standard Member
My graphics card has DVI and hdmi outputs, but i use a DVI>VGA converter for my monitor, and no this is intended for my bedroom, So i can sit and watch tv, and use my computer rather than having to buy a laptop, but keep the computer hidden/blended in.

trekkiedj

So long as the card can handle both HDMI and DVI on a clone basis, you'll be fine. If you can get a monitor roughly the same size as the tv, it'll look pretty cool on the wall side by side.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom