1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wall mount

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by speedtapeking, Jul 21, 2005.

1. speedtapeking

speedtapeking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi im new on here so bear with me !

our new panasonic th42pv500b is in stock being delivereed with cabinet stnad on the 3rd. Of course the boss now thinks it be better on the wall !!!

so where can i get a wall mount suitable for this screen??what sort of cost? we can return cabinet for refund at john lewis if we do that before 29 days are up but i dont know much about the wall mounts ! i know new house plasterboard wall so lots of reinforcing to be done just not know about the actual wall mount intself.

Also its coming with a free DMRES10 recorder we also have a sky box - whats the best way to wire it up ? we will be adding a surround system but want to wait until HD dvd players arrive.

thanks !

2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,564
    There are a few wall mounts available - you need spacers with the Vieras (45mm).
    I recommend the wall mount I got as you can tilt it upwards when it is on the wall so you can get you wires connected, it isn't the cheapest at £150
    http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/referrer.asp?SKUNumber=103469&ReferrerCode=4
    but if you are getting a refund on the cabinet, that should be about £400.
    Mine is from RGB dierct and is the universal one.
    For tips on wall mounting see the FAQ sticky on the forum page:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226883

It also has tips etc for setting up and wall mounting.