Wall mount to clear plasma

fezster

Established Member
Reaction score
With reference to this post here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/projector-screens/1449802-there-any-screens-wall-mount-fixings.html

This problem seems to be very common, and I too now am in need of some advice.

I need to mount my screen onto a solid wall (a party wall joined to the neighbours house) which I believe is made of brick. I already have my 42" plasma on there, which I need to clear. I've ordered the 100" electric screen from ebay (user platinum 247 ?) and it is a LOT heavier than I thought it would be. The seller reckons about 10-12kg, Im thinking maybe a little more.

I need to clear the wall by 13cm, preferably 15cm. I'm confused about brackets and fixings to use. Firstly, would this bracket be ok:

Abru Heavy Duty Bracket (L)120mm x (W)20mm x (H)120mm, 73005

And if so, should I use anchor bolts to fix it to the wall ? How long should the bolts be ? What worries me is that the load will be at the end of the bracket, not evenly distributed over all of it. Also, as per SamirP's post in the thread shown above, what size hook bolts should I get to fit into the available holes ?

If the above bracket isnt suitable, then I'll go for:

Mitred Bracket White (H)20cm, 807455

Which is less ideal, as it means it will protrude out 5cm more than it needs to, resulting in a smaller screen size.

Any and all advice appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom