1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wall mount thread

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by richard plumb, Oct 27, 2005.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    Hi

Thought it might makes sense to have a thread where people can recommend wall mounts for LCDs. eg I'm looking for one for my Toshiba 37WLT58, which apparantly is VESA something, but I have no idea which one to get.

So any recommendations on mounts in general? Things to note could be

- maximum weight
    - tilt/swivel/mounts close to wall?
    - VESA compatible? Which ones - 100x100 200x200 etc
    - can it be mounted on different surfaces etc?

2. Funster

Funster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Richard

I have this fixed position bracket for my 37". http://www.rs100.co.uk/index.html?target=p_830.html&lang=en-gb Reasonable price too.

The two vertical parts are independent of each other so you can screw them on whatever the distance apart of the panel the mounting holes are. So it can be used for non-VESA hole positions. The screw slots are a little wide so you'll need some washers. It's also quite low profile and has plenty of mounting points, which I like :smashin:

One tricky thing is getting the cables neatly tucked behind the panel, took me a couple of goes, but when it's done, it's done. It took my wife and me to lift the TV while my mother-in-law fiddled with the cables :eek:

Only bought this one item for the company and it turned up next day, I have the '04 version which is about 30mm from wall to panel, God knows how they got it down to 22mm.

Cheers

Attached Files:

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    cheers. You got the same TV? Do the connections mount flush - I'm wondering whether to go for the 22mm or the 45mm mount.

4. Funster

Funster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, have the 37WLT58. All the connections on the Tosh either mount down from a step on the back or to the side, none connect into the rear cover. Hope that's clear.