• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wall mount recommendations

Pete1980

Standard Member
Hi all.

I'm after recommendations on both brackets and suppliers for a 42" Pioneer plasma and a 26" Samsung LCD. I'd like them to be quite slim and possibly tilting. They are both for stud walls :thumbsup:

Spectrum Brackets

Standard Member
Hi,We have just made a 10 degree tilt bracket for the 26" Sansung which gives the correct clearence for the cables as universal brackets cover the cables,not yet on the website but is a 40mm deeper version of the FB300.
The Fb1000 will give a 30mm wall to back of screen slim
wall bracket ideal for stud walls for the 42"pioneer.
Discount for Forum users.

Member252055

Prominent Member

Pete1980

Standard Member
Hi,We have just made a 10 degree tilt bracket for the 26" Sansung which gives the correct clearence for the cables as universal brackets cover the cables,not yet on the website but is a 40mm deeper version of the FB300.

The Fb1000 will give a 30mm wall to back of screen slim

wall bracket ideal for stud walls for the 42"pioneer.

Discount for Forum users.

Thanks for the reply. Both look up to the job :thumbsup:

The 42" plasma will be recessed into the stud wall onto framework, so I will lose the thickness of the plasterboard from the clearance.

Do you think this would be too much for that particular bracket?

Hi

For your Pioneer we have this bracket; M-Form - 32" to 50" Tilting Universal LCD/Plasma Bracket which is a universal style and has tilt both upwards and downwards.

For your Samsung we have this bracket which we have sold with this TV before and had no problems; M-Form - 23" to 32" Tilting Universal LCD bracket

We can give you discount if ordered together.

All our brackets benefit from Free Delivery and our unique G-Fit Guarantee.

Regards

Graham

Again, thanks for the reply. I think the mount for the Samsung would be too deep for me, the larger one may be fine for my application. I just need to consider if losing 18mm off clearance of only 30mm would hinder the tilt at all.

Last edited:

Spectrum Brackets

Standard Member
Hi,
The Fb1000 is only a slim fit no tilt,if you require tilt
the fb650 will give up to 20 degree tilt and is also
ok for stud walls as the wall mounts can slide along to
a secure fixing.The fb300 is closer to the wall 30mm but
be aware of clearece required for the cables on this TV.
please call if you need any more help.

Member252055

Prominent Member
Hi

The depth of the large tilter is 60mm so once you've lost the 18mm clearance there will still be enough room for tilt.

Regards
Graham

Pete1980

Standard Member
Thanks again guys.

I'm only considering tilting brackets as I'd hate to mount them both and suffer from some sort of glare/reflections :confused:

The 42" will be at eye level so should be ok, I'll check this weekend and get back to you. I would like them both as close to the wall as possible.

gk141054

Established Member
Right guys have mounted the screen and I take back my recommendation above.

The service from Vivo Mounts was great, but the mount itself is rubbish.

According to the website it can take up to 32" tvs and up to 23kg's

Well it wasn't suitable for my 26" 10kg screen so I cannot recommend it.

When the screen was folded back to the wall on it, because of the swivel arm, that meant that the screen was wonky. When the screen is pulled right out with the arm at 90 degrees to the wall it is perfectly level but who wants to have that all the time?

Finally, I went for some No 12 screws 3" long to make sure it fixed into the batton nice and tight. Well to be honest with only two screws holding it up, I wouldn't trust it.

Eventually what I did was used the bracket but just got rid of the swivel arm and mounted the bolt at the back of the screen (which would normally go into the swivel arm) into the hole on the bit that attaches to the wall.... if that makes sense.

End result is that the tv is up and looks great, just I have lost the ability to swivel the screen (as much) which is the main reason for buying this bracket.....

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom