Wall mount PANIC!!!!!!

rolandrat

Established Member
Reaction score
My wall mount for my Hitachi has just turned up from Nexnix, or whoever they are, I got the Universal tilting one.
Oh my god its huge, and oh my god its heavy!

I have a new house with the usual plasterboard/gap/airated blocks/gap/house brick.

The only method that seems viable is the 12mm x 160mm rods secured with polyester resin, and as screwfix say, they are 100% reliable. and the system is designed for these airated blocks.

There is no way a rawlplug and screw is going to hold this lot up.

You can get 10 rods and resin for £15 delivered from screwfix.

Oh and by the way the mount looks very well made and tilts from 0-10% very easily.

well worth a look at Fischer Fixings, they should have a website, but i am a builder and use there stuff to fix much heavier items and they have a solution for everything.

With the correct fixing it will be very easy........don't over complicate it and definately don't get it wrong.

In fact depending on the fixing of your airated block they have a twisting style rawl plug but much bigger that is designed for those blocks

Originally posted by Matravers
In fact depending on the fixing of your airated block they have a twisting style rawl plug but much bigger that is designed for those blocks

And this is what it says on the box:
Rawlbloc
UK Cat No 38-028
Des 10X66
Drill 10mm
For screw size 6mm

I used 6 to mount my plasma on thermalite blocks.

Cheers,
Liam

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom