Wall Mount on Solid Wall - have i got the right fixtures

Simba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
What's the wall actually made of? If it's cinder block than I strongly recommend you don't use anchors....

What's the wall actually made of? If it's cinder block than I strongly recommend you don't use anchors....

Its a Glasgow tenement flat so dates around mid 19th century to around 1910.

Red sandstone outer with brick internals.

How thick is the plaster where you are fixing?

I've always found anchors a PITA to fix - normally I'd just double the number of fixings and use hammer fixings instead!

How thick is the plaster where you are fixing?

I've always found anchors a PITA to fix - normally I'd just double the number of fixings and use hammer fixings instead!

hmmmm im not sure....hence why i was planning to go in 3.5"-4"

i could always make a test hole to check....

the metal anchors look a better solution...what issues have you found with them....

Last edited:
You might as well do a test hole...you're going to have to make one anyway....

I found the same as the reviews - when you come to tighten them they just turn in the hole.

I have a brush that you put down the hole to clear out all the dust but it still just gave disappointing results. I've easily done 200+ fixings with the hammer types in my current house and they all go straight in and can be screwed back out if you do need to remove it. Was an easy decision for me....

Hi Simba, if you are buying a wall bracket the fixings will be supplied with it, I know every bracket I've bought has. Most are supplied with 6-8 m12 bolts and nylon plugs and should be more than suitable and upto the job.

I have a 65vt30 which weighs nearly 70kgs and it's currently hung off 4 of the said fixings and it's still there a year later :) as long as the wall is sound the standard fixings are fine

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

And my bracket was only £20 off the bay so not an expensive one

Simba,
Use concrete bolts. Drill a 6.5mm hole with a masonry bit and wind the concrete bolts in with a power screwdriver and the threads on the concrete bolts actually cut there own threads into the brickwork. And there very strong !!

Thanks for the replys guys ... Different ways to do the same job ...
Will take a look at the new options suggested.

Again many thanks

Simba,

If you are stuck for fixings I can send you some fella. If you let me know what depth or length of the fixing you require. I have used these fixings for my old now sold 64" samsung and my current 55" samsung and will be using them for my Newley ordered panasonic PZ60. Believe me they are strong. Or I can find a link to where you can get them from.

Simba,

If you are stuck for fixings I can send you some fella. If you let me know what depth or length of the fixing you require. I have used these fixings for my old now sold 64" samsung and my current 55" samsung and will be using them for my Newley ordered panasonic PZ60. Believe me they are strong. Or I can find a link to where you can get them from.
Like the sound of those mate! What's the recommended length for these heavy mounts... 3-4"?

Appreciate that thanks :) If you can send me a link Il see if I can get them from screwfix nearby...

You have to use an impact driver for that type of fixing (so you've found out).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom