Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Wall Mount Lifestyle System

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by garylythgoe, Mar 22, 2005.

1. garylythgoe

garylythgoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Im after something which sounds and looks a bit special to mount on my wall, B&O Beocenter 2 looks and sounds awesome, but i cant justify the price tag til i move out of home!

Do any more of the more 'upmarket' audio/video company's do anything which would be suited?

Its to be mated to a Bose Accoustimass 10 setup/Marantz AV setup, and Denon/B&W stereo setup. Oh and i have a 42" Sony KF42-SX200 TV too.. :D

Ta for your help.

And this is my first post :blush:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    hi there................how a bout a seconhand B&O BS300 or overture? B&O holds its value quite well so is ideal as a stepping stone... B&W and Bose owner eh? odd combo.............................any way there arent many wall mountable DVD systems Nakimichi possibly but almost as much as B&O and not as good........What sort of budget?

3. garylythgoe

garylythgoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I dont really have a max budget as long as it isnt stupid, 1000 maybe if it does DVD, and CD.

Yes odd combo i know! I liked the b&w DM602 S2's too much to get rid of them when the Bose Accoustimass 10's arrived. I listen to a lot of Phil Collins, Tracy Chapman, Michael Jackson, Peter Gabriel etc, and it just sounds so good on my Stereo setup.

The bose stuff was purely for AV but sounds good with some DVD-Audio stuff coming through it, but to be honest theres nothing like watching the Star Wars Pod race scene, with everything 'going some' :eek: :devil: :devil:

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Eventually you will learn the errors of your ways.........£1k for what? (you have a 2 channel system) so are lacking new DVD player?

5. garylythgoe

garylythgoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    What have i done wrong? I dont know any different so how can i know this stuff?!

If your wondering about current sources, i have a Nad C541i cd player, and Pioneer something-656 DVD player.

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    try a search for the model numbers of your current kit, i would say your source equipment NAD and Pio is pretty good, i personally think its the other end of the system that may need some work