• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wall mount help

WalkInMyShoes

I need help locating studs in the wall, I have no clue on DIY but im wanting to learn, The wall feels like plaster board so I know for a fact it need support to hold a 32". I can putmy own studs in as I can get access to the back of the wall if that makes sense. Would it just be a case of adding my own support then drilling through they mouthing ect...any DIY buff's in the Dudley/wolverhampton area??

Member252055

Hi. You can get a stud detector from maplin or screwfix for around a tenner. The other way is to knock the wall lightly with your knuckles and you can hear when you get to a stud because the sound gets tighter. Once you have a rough idea then you can knock a couple of small tacks in to find the exact point of the stud; if you hit the stud with the tack then it'll feel hard, if you miss then it'll feel loose. You can then fine tune using this method and mark where the studs are.

Regards
Graham

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom