1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall mount for Tosh 27WL46

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by kwazemowdoe, Dec 31, 2004.

1. kwazemowdoe

kwazemowdoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Waiting for delivery of the Tosh and need an articulated wall mount.

According to Tosh site this model is Vesa mount compatible but not sure if this is 75,100 or 200?

This looks a great deal for £45 - http://www.hifistore.co.uk/product.php?qsProd=BT7513#

max weight for mount is stated at 20kg and the Tosh is only 13 kilos based on Tosh website (is this right? why so light compared to the 21kg 26WL46... is this an error???)

However the stand says it's only suitable for upto 23" screens... ?? Surely weight is the limiting factor?

2. work_with_me_ba

work_with_me_ba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this model and I think it is VESA 100 and 200 compatible (has 2 sets of holes 100mm x 100mm, and 1 set of 200mm wide x 100mm deep. The box says it is only 18Kg but I think it is much more as I've tried using a mount that is rated to 25kg and it can't keep it up (it has tilt function as well)! I will try and get some scales and weigh it later!

I'm not sure if screen size is a factor at all with this, and as you said, surely weight is more important! To be honest, I think this mount would be fine for the screen, as it doesn't tilt.

Hope this helps

M

3. retch

retch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy a lcd, after pondering what to buy and looking through these threads for some assistance, I am quite impressed with the new toshy 27" that you guys have.
    Its seems good on price and the connections are plentyful, so I would like to ask what is it like picture wise and would you recommend it, i'm no expert & have been looking at 23 - 26 " sizes so far but I have seen one of these in the flesh and looks fine.
    Mainly for tv and dvd use may see what the pc lloks like on it too.

4. kwazemowdoe

kwazemowdoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just picked this up today, cancelled my order with JL Oxford St and picked it up from Bluewater instead.

Well all I can say is... WOW! I am REALLY impressed with the image quality (and this is comparing to a 100Hz Sony Wega 29")

95% of my viewing is via my £40 Bush Freeview box connected via a reasonably decent (well £20!) RGB scart. Image is great. No blockiness, no trails. I wonder what some people are complaining about?!

Sound is poor though compared to my old Sony - but I expected that. So I am routing the sound through my 5.1 amp instead which is fine.

Great set for the money - you won't be sorry !

5. kwazemowdoe

kwazemowdoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure where you are getting those figures from but my box states weight as 13.6 kg ! This matches the Tosh website.

I'm going to go ahead and order the BT7513 which is only £34 inc. deliv. from here http://www.widescreendirect.co.uk

Also, the remote that comes with the TV has a slider switch on the side to allow you to use it for DVD and VCR. Any idea how this works (or does it just control other Tosh branded stuff and is not programmable for oher makes?)

6. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    The new range Toshiba's are a lot lighter than the older ones, but also a bit slimmer.

My 26WL46 is VESA 100 compatible, and hangs on a VEDA Z846 flat bracket. I was a bit worried about this as the bracket looked very small for a 21kg TV, but is absolutely rock solid.

The buy who installed it advised me that the swing/tilt brackets are a lot more weight dependent than the flat ones.

7. work_with_me_ba

work_with_me_ba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kwaz,

The remote slider only works with tosh. branded goods unfortunately! I've just checked my box and realised that my eyesight is going! 13.6kg is correct - sure it was an 8 before! Too much time watching my new TV! I would go for that mount. To be honest, I bought a crappy mount off e-bay for £9 so I shouldn't be so supprised when it doesn't do the job!

8. work_with_me_ba

work_with_me_ba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Retch,

I can only second what people have said all over the site, that the 27WL46 is a great screen. It is one of the best I have seen for viewing analogue and digital TV, DVDs and using my PC with. The downsides that I have found are that a lot of the early ones have some firmware issues, there is no component input for high-quality DVD, and the DVI port is non-HDCP enabled, so if you will have trouble using the DVI port for DVD players. If you are going to use the DVI port for PC input, maybe look elsewhere...I have had all kinds of problems trying to set my PC via the DVI up with this monitor!

But if you want to use it for TV > DVD > PC, then this is the choice, and you can find some real bargins (£720 for mine!)

Hope this helps,

M

9. gloriousbach

gloriousbach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, I too am thinking of buying one of these lovely beasts...at the moment I am just trying ot find out how xbox input via RGB is!

By the way, the cheapest I can find these for is 780 or so online including delivery and 795 via John Lewis with 5 year guarantee...do you mind me asking or hinting at where I can source one for 720 quid or so? :devil:

10. work_with_me_ba

work_with_me_ba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glorious,

I would go for the John Lewis on with the 5 years cover. Mine was bought without cover a month before they were officially released from an IT distributor. John Lewis are pretty good with pricematching if you can find somewhere that has a store.

I not sure what Xbox RGB is like, but if it is as good as the RGB through my Arcam, it will be fantastic!

11. gloriousbach

gloriousbach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again for the info - Do you know the response time for this LCD?

12. kwazemowdoe

kwazemowdoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those who are interested in connecting xbox might be interested in this

http://www.x2vga.com/

Don't have one myself but thinking of getting one instead of going down the HTPC route

13. johnm60

johnm60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Apologies for trying to hijack this thread, but I have just bought the 27WL46 from John Lewis and am a little undecided about it.

I cannot get blacks any where near enough black. This is OK for normal bright scenes, but is very distracting for anything darker. I also find the panel very directional - if you look down on the screen it is even brighter. Also anywhere more than 45 degrees away from straight ahead worsens the black level. I have tried every combination of contrast, brightness and backlight level and have even calibrated it against Avia on my DVD player.

Has this been your experience too and do you guys have any views on whether other LCD TVs are much different? I personally find it very distracting and otherwise find the picture very clear and detailed.

Cheers
    John

14. kwazemowdoe

kwazemowdoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I find it fine. (blacks are not as good as a CRT put perfectly workable and I expected that would be the case anyway from everything I had heard and read)

Perhaps it's because I have the set mounted at eye level and watch within 45 degrees :)

15. bluedoo

bluedoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    i am thinking of getting one of these
    waiting for john lewis to get some stock in

quick question for any owners what if any cables/connectors do you get with it

i have a pan e55 dvd recorder with component out how can you connect this to the dvi-d connector for progressive scan

thanks

16. work_with_me_ba

work_with_me_ba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John,

Try these settings to get the most out of your picture:

In picture:
    Contrast - 80
    Brightness - 60
    Colour - 70
    Sharpness - 5
    DNR - Off or soft
    Black stretch - On
    Lum. peaking - Off
    Colour temp. - Cool (actually normal but fault in bios)
    In Feature:
    Back light - Less than 5

With all these settings and your DVD on normal settings, you should get a much darker picture.

Hope this helps.

WWMB

17. work_with_me_ba

work_with_me_ba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Blue,

No cables as standard with this TV. No component-in with this TV (really annoyed me when I bought a decent DVD player!) and don't think u can Component to DVI. You would have to use the RGB-in scart plugs to get the best picture.

Hope this helps,

WWMB

18. work_with_me_ba

work_with_me_ba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They quote 8ms, but not entirely sure if this is only half of the combined horizontal and vertical which would give an actual of 16ms. I have had no trouble what-so-ever with mine, even playing fast moving racing games through my PC.

Hope this helps,

WWMB

19. bluedoo

bluedoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    scart it is for me then

20. paulrwebster

paulrwebster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just had a 27WL46 delivered and the mount is VESA 200 x100.
    Looks like this:
    x x x

x x x

I have already bought a VESA 100 bracket which will fit onto the back, either using the left or the right bolt holes, however it is not central and the TV is hanging on the wall with a definite lean to the left.
    I have just placed an order for an adaptor plate from
    www.chaseavdirect.co.uk part number VESAAD04. I hope that it does the trick.

Paul Webster

21. mrm3

mrm3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
  22. pegleg

pegleg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Getting back to the original question . . . .

kwazemowdoe,how did you get on with this mount you ordered? was it easy to fit? everything (screws etc) included that you needed?

Paul, How did you get on with mounting your screen to the wall with this adapter - did it make a big difference? where did you buy your original VESA 100 mount from? what model is it?

Cheers,
    Greg

23. kwazemowdoe

kwazemowdoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yup got the BT7513 mount from widescreendirect (quick delivery too). Some sites seem to be selling the same mount for over £60 !!!! Strangely there is nothing on the mount, box or instuctions to indicate that it is a BT7513 though

It works an absolute treat. Very well made and easily supports the Tosh 13kg screen. Took me 20 mins to fit - very straightforward.

24. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
  25. kwazemowdoe

kwazemowdoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    more expensive that widescreendirect (postage is £8 for that auction item)

26. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    You know i did not look @ p&p lol DUHHH :blush:

27. fearbat

fearbat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd bring this point up, I don't think you can do Component to its DVI either(for DVD players anyway) but you CAN go Component to the VGA socket via an adaptor such as this one.

Stated product features -

# Enables display of progressive-scan DVD players, Consoles or Component video HDTV set-top boxes on VGA monitors and projectors
    # Automatic format selection for 480p, 720p, 1080i/540p
    # Can be displayed on two VGA monitors simultaneously
    # Enables high-resolution progressive-scan modes for Xbox, Gamecube, latest PS2 models and HDTV
    # Horizontal image centering and brightness adjustable
    # Crystal clear display
    # Compatible with all NTSC and PAL progressive formats with auto-mode detection
    # World's smallest adapter on the market
    # Universal Power Supply (100V - 240V, USA plug) included, works worldwide
    # Works for all consoles world wide (Japan, US, PAL)

I've ordered this adaptor so I can use my NTSC Gamecube in Progressive Scan with the 27wl46p I've got on the way, once everything arrives I'll post back just to confirm it works.

I was actually reading this thread as I'm after a good wall mount, the BT7513 seems spot on but I've noticed the largest display you should use with it is 23" should I take any notice of this? Has anyone been using a screen larger then 23" with this mount for a some time and can reccomend it? Any help greatly apreciated.

28. work_with_me_ba

work_with_me_ba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fear,

Many thanks for letting me know about that! I may have to get one to go with my DVD player! Not too expensive either! As for the wall mount, Kwaz said in reply #23 that he has had no problems with his mount, so I would go ahead and get it!

29. fearbat

fearbat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, must of missed that post. Thanks for the reasurance mate.

30. paulrwebster

paulrwebster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes the adaptor did the business. The mount that I have screwed to it is a Vogel's EFW1001 that I bought from Unbeatable.