Wall mount for Panasonic Plasma 37" - Manual says TY-WK42PR3W -tilt version but??

gbmitie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I need to wall mount my 37 " Plasma, smaller room, I can find one in the UK but they wont post to ireland so I am stuck. I know what the VESA standard is but this PLASMA had its own pana built wall mount. I checked the holes and they are 660 x 317.5. These are approx, in inches its 26 x 12.5. All the mounts I looked at say a max of 600 x 400 and to me that means the holes wont line up.

Has anyone wall mounted one of these sets and what did they use? Its 2008 model but its Perfect. Model is TH-37PV80EY.

You will find a lot of brackets have plenty of wiggle room. The one in the link below is just to demonstrate what I'm talking about and just picked at random. Looking at the two bits you bolt on to the TV, you will see the top fixing holes are at fixed points while the bottom ones are elongated spaces as opposed to holes so you can fix the bottom bolts anywhere. I'm pretty sure every bracket I've had has been of similar design.

Thanks for link but would you believe it, the site has a facility to enter tv details against bracket selected and the one you linked does not fit a Panasonic 37" inch plasma. And yes I had the same idea as you ie a little wriggle room. I emailed the site and reply was " If you can't find one we don't have it!!" I should say the one you linked should fit as it has variable settings, why it says no defeats me.

I have this bracket fitted to my 2010 Panasonic TX-37C2B:

The screws are fitted to the slotted verticals which slide sideways, VESA standard 400x400.

I'm not saying it will fit, and I can't find the VESA spec for that TV.

But they do have different size VESA:

600 x 400:

800x600:

And others:

Maybe try contacting Hama.

Last edited:
Thanks for link but would you believe it, the site has a facility to enter tv details against bracket selected and the one you linked does not fit a Panasonic 37" inch plasma. And yes I had the same idea as you ie a little wriggle room. I emailed the site and reply was " If you can't find one we don't have it!!" I should say the one you linked should fit as it has variable settings, why it says no defeats me.

I suspect the fact that the website says no might be due to the unusual, non-standard 317.5mm spacing (it won't tick any of the standard spacing entries in their spec tables), unless there is another reason why it can't be used ?

If you check the back of the TV, does it look like a standard bracket like the ones linked to above will fit ? You may need spacers on the bolts if the VESA holes are recessed or the bracket needs to clear any protrusions on the TV case. Check whether the bracket struts will block access to any of the ports and if the ports are rear-facing, whether a particular bracket will give you enough clearance between TV and wall (or bracket body) for the plugs and cables. Angled plugs/adaptors can often help to get around issues with wall mounting a TV with rear-facing sockets, or you can use longer spacers.

If you're sure that that type of bracket will work in general, then I can't see any reason why a bracket like the one Timmy C linked to above won't work. Considering the vertical struts take a maximum VESA spacing of 400mm and almost half of the length is taken up with those elongated holes (as Timmy C mentioned), I would say that the chances of it fitting a spacing of 317mm are pretty high.

With the horizontal spacing being a maximum of 800mm and that adjustment being continuous, than that won't be an issue at all.

The biggest issue for such a large bracket would be it sticking out on either side of your TV, which would obviously look odd ! Make sure you check the width of the TV against the width of the bracket, presuming you'd want to avoid this. You might also want to check the length of the vertical struts against the height of your TV to avoid similar issues above and below.

You could always try and find a similar large bracket from a retailer local to you for an easier return or consider ordering from an online retailer where that won't be a problem.

Just to be clear, the one I linked to was just as an example of how the things attach. I didn't look at sizing or anything so wasn't suggesting you buy that actual bracket. One other thing to look out for is weight limits. I was recently looking for a bracket for my mates 50" Kuro and it seemed a lot of the brackets showing as for TV's up to 60", couldn't take the weight of a 50" plasma. I guess they are made for lighter modern TV's these days.

I knew that, it was a great link. And thanks to all I am now an expert on VESA. I found the manual and there was a bespoke wall mount TV-WK42PR3W and weighed 16kg!! The TV weighs 22.5 KG. I found a bracket that sales confirmed will work BUT and this applies to a lot of other suppliers they wont deliver to Ireland and since BREXIT my UK virtual address has closed.

When I opted to wall mount I assumed VESA was common but this this TV is 66 X 32. The screw holes are recessed, the connections are recessed as well so wont be blocked.

Here is the one that will work and it shows various VESA sizes so I assume I can find a slot at 32!!

I cant go to a shop as I'm remote and there is only one shop!!

Thanks all for great help, may be of use to others.

I'll try and get it delivered by hook or by crook.

@gbmitie Do you need the bracket to tilt ? Is the TV going to be mounted high up on the wall ?

Yes, the idea was to keep it as a spare and connect laptop for Zoom meetings/keep fit classes. Its too heavy for me to put it in loft. Stuck on the wall it would look like a picture. We have had a re-think and laptop will be used for zoom. Tv goes in shed for 12 months.

Ah, OK. The reason I mentioned it is because that bracket is really deep (7.5cm) due to the tilting mechanism. Add that to the depth of an older plasma and your TV will end up around 6" off the wall.

If tilting wasn't required and you wanted the TV flat, then a slimline bracket can be as little as 10 to 15 mm deep so the whole set-up wouldn't look quite so imposing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom