Wall Mount for M&K LCR850 'Centre'?

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
Hi Chaps,

Any non-expensive but solid, wall mounts for my M&K Centre?
I would prefer something not visible from the front (ie not a shelf like design) and keeping the speaker as close as possible to the wall as it will be mounted below a plasma.

Many thanks.

Adam

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
*sniff* Nobody wanna help me :(

mhuk05

Show us a picture? I made my own bracket (not for an M&K mind, for a Dialogue II). :rotfl:

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
Show us a picture? I made my own bracket (not for an M&K mind, for a Dialogue II). :rotfl:
I think that is what I will have to do although my Arc Welding is best described as 'Pigeon Sh*t' :blush:

mhuk05

There was no welding involved- a length of 50x5, drilled some holes, bent the ends round 90 degrees with a vice and hammer. Then veneered it.

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
Wow, that is a neat job. :smashin:

I think mine won't be so easy as there are mounting holes on the back and I will almost certainly have to weld something up to use them and keep everything hidden from the front.

Nothing worthwhile is easy :D

Adam

mhuk05

Could you not drill a steel or aluminium plate to match your mounting holes and then attach to a bracket for another make of speaker?

Cool-hand

Novice Member
Hi

I think Audio Excellence in Bristol Tel (0117) 9264975 may have some M&K copy bracket parts they use or a supplier they know. Worth a try. Also phone the main large AV outlets around, someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Funny I was just talking to a dealer yesterday about M&K 55s for the rear (im using 850's up front) and out of the blue he said it was a bit hit and miss whether the brackets where in the box when their delivered to this country! How odd!? Apparently Gekko (UK distributer) and M&K are a bit of a nightmare to deal with! His exact words were "great speakers, crap service":suicide:

Good luck

CH

ps. Come to think of it, it may of been 7oaks Bristol (0117) 974 3727 that mentioned the brkts. I did alot of phoning about yesterday!!

dts_boy

i used to have k4 tripoles wall mounted on Btech brackets. they srewed into the back of the cabinet but allowed tilt and way cheaper than the silly prices for the m&k tilt designs. that said, when i got the bigger ss150 i did buy the tilt ones from m&k - the weight of the speaker made a difference.

Member 96948

Distinguished Member
FYI, Hughes Audio, down Burleigh Street, have a Vogels display. I'm pretty sure the speaker mounts were on it in amongst the PJ and plasma/LCD mounts.

If they're anything like the quality of my Vogels ceiling mount, then they'll be very nice indeed as well as stupidly solid.

Russell

R

recruit

Funny I was just talking to a dealer yesterday about M&K 55s for the rear (im using 850's up front) and out of the blue he said it was a bit hit and miss whether the brackets where in the box when their delivered to this country! How odd!? Apparently Gekko (UK distributer) and M&K are a bit of a nightmare to deal with! His exact words were "great speakers, crap service":suicide:
I have dealt with Gecko many times and they have been notheing but helpful so i would say that is more of an isolated case rather than a generalisation :nono:

Cool-hand

Novice Member
I have dealt with Gecko many times and they have been notheing but helpful so i would say that is more of an isolated case rather than a generalisation :nono:
Hi

Ive never dealt with Gecko ever, as im not a retailer. But obvisiouly have via a retailer. But recently not just one but many many online as well as very large and well known outlets have all made similar comments. I think its more to do with M&K supply channels!

Unfortuneatley I don't think its an isolated case:(
But atleast you know the quality is so good your unlikely to need aftersales:)

Rgds

CH

R

recruit

Hi

Ive never dealt with Gecko ever, as im not a retailer. But obvisiouly have via a retailer. But recently not just one but many many online as well as very large and well known outlets have all made similar comments. I think its more to do with M&K supply channels!

Unfortuneatley I don't think its an isolated case:(
But atleast you know the quality is so good your unlikely to need aftersales:)

Rgds

CH
Unfortunately CH this is something i would have to disagree with you on, i am not a retailer either and have dealt with them via retailers and all have never had a problem, anyway this is going off topic so enough said already.

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I think the wife wants to place the speaker on 'something nice' which will also hide the cables (brick wall so no other way to hide them).

I'll see how it goes :)

Adam