Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Wall Mount for Aldi 27" LCD TV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Sionnach, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Sionnach

Sionnach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been searching for a wall mounting bracket for the 27" LCD TV that was sold through Aldi November / December 2004, the GTV2702 without any joy.

So I made one. Last Saturday I started to install the bracket and just went to check the measurements of the screwholes on the back of the TV against my bracket and noticed 2 things.

1. The lower screw holes have a supporting bracket underneath the TV housing. The upper screwholes however are only into the TV housing with no support beneath. This would indicate that only two screws are being used to support this TV.

2. The screw holes do not appear to support the standard VESA screws.

Hopefully I have launched this thread in the correct forum. My question is has anyone else successfully mounted one of these TVs on the wall and did you encounter any problems with absence of supporting brackets?

I called Goodies and emailed Gericom with no satisfaction so far. I would be grateful for any feedback please.

Regards.

2. mk

mk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi. I wall mounted mine with the bracket set from Argos for £50.

It only attaches with two small screws to the rear of the TV (think the upper two holes)

So far its stayed on the wall for a few months.

3. Sionnach

Sionnach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that MK.

I eventually spoke with Gericom in Germany and they said that once I removed the desk stand, that there would be another 2 secure screwholes underneath the TV.

That suggests that the wall bracket that other people bought must have been L shaped which seem a bit odd. But it just means I have to weld an additional piece to my bracket for that extra security.