1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall Mount Floor Speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by phil2415, Sep 9, 2005.

1. phil2415

phil2415
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 5.1 setup which has worked fine for a few years now. The front left and right speakers are a pair of Tannoy MX-somethings which are floorstanders and are about 3ft tall. They're really good speakers but now we're looking to redecorate the room and having floorstanders could be a problem due to new furniture.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on wall-mounting fairly large floorstanders? Is it a feasible idea? And if not, can smaller, wall-mounted speakers be as good for home cinema front speakers or are floorstanders always the daddies (I also use the front speakers for music so they have to be pretty good)?

2. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    no experience but I guess alot will depend on the weight of them and how strong a fixing you can get on the wall. Sound wise it doesn't sound ideal as floorstanders are just that, and correct me if I am wrong someone, like a solid base (for solid bass?). Most 'bookshelf' speakers I know of like to be on stands for similar reasons but I guess they are designed to be more tolerant of placing.

Alot of home cinema speakers though seem to be designed for wall placing but finding some for music as well may not be that easy (?)