Wall mount Centre speaker below TV

Diskworld3

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m currently in the process of redesigning my lounge and have already installed a rack elsewhere in the house to take my AV equipment.
I’ve wall mounted the TV on a Sanus full motion tv mount as the viewing angle can’t be flush on the wall.
What I’d like to do is hang the Tannoy centre speaker below the TV so it moves with it... the only thing I can find similar is the Sanus Soundbar mount but I don’t think this will take it due to the depth - does anyone have any ideas as to how I can best achieve this?
The Tannoy mounts are only for mounting flush against the wall

Attachments

• B74C13C9-9E00-43D9-92E5-B3A54F5E4C3B.jpeg
    B74C13C9-9E00-43D9-92E5-B3A54F5E4C3B.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 432
You didn't mention which Sanus model you've got but something like this could work...
Just get a couple of drilled bracket strips, bolt them to the Sanus, then screws through into the back of your centre,

I realise you'd have to put some holes in the back of the speaker but it's a simple (and cheap!) solution.

Capture copy.jpg

If you are planning to have the Front LCR 'below' the TV I would simplify things and ditch the Centre - there is not enough room for a Front LCR!

Set your AVR to 'no centre' and it will mix the Centre into the Front LR and save you the hassle of trying to hang the Centre.

Joe

You didn't mention which Sanus model you've got but something like this could work...
Just get a couple of drilled bracket strips, bolt them to the Sanus, then screws through into the back of your centre,

I realise you'd have to put some holes in the back of the speaker but it's a simple (and cheap!) solution.

View attachment 1242784

The mount is a Sanus Full motion (according to the box) which is a little smaller than this but the principle will still work I think so that'll be my solution, I may try and find the mounts though and mount that to a vertical strip :)

If you are planning to have the Front LCR 'below' the TV I would simplify things and ditch the Centre - there is not enough room for a Front LCR!

Set your AVR to 'no centre' and it will mix the Centre into the Front LR and save you the hassle of trying to hang the Centre.

Joe

My plan is to have the L & R on the outer walls with the C under the TV, I think I can achieve it with a bit of tweaking

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom