Wall mount advice for Panny gt30 50"

drusso66

Standard Member
I have just recently purchased a Panasonic plasma gt30 50" and have fixed it to my wall with a slim fixed bracket, looks really good but I have quite a lot of cables pushed up quite tight on the back a just a bit worried there is not enough airflow. The space between back of TV to wall is about 30mm but to the left side where all the cables are three is no airflow at all. I was thinking of changing the wall bracket to a tilt and swivel type, have seen one on eBay that when fully closed is only 48mm from wall so will still look fairly compact but I can also extend or tilt to accommodate my cables and also cleaning etc etc.
Any recommendations would be really appreciated.

mikej

I think it's the area behind the fans that is important for airflow and the fans are at the top of the set.

It seems a shame to buy a nice slim TV like the GT30 and then mount it on a chunky bracket when it sounds like you don't really need the flexibility a multi-directional braket will give you, but I agree that it could prove useful for occasional access to the rear when changing cables.

If you look at the manual, Panasonic recommend a minimum of 7cm clearance behind the GT30 !

drusso66

Standard Member
I think it's the area behind the fans that is important for airflow and the fans are at the top of the set.

It seems a shame to buy a nice slim TV like the GT30 and then mount it on a chunky bracket when it sounds like you don't really need the flexibility a multi-directional braket will give you, but I agree that it could prove useful for occasional access to the rear when changing cables.

If you look at the manual, Panasonic recommend a minimum of 7cm clearance behind the GT30 !

Thanks for advice, I had not noticed the 7cm requirements for airflow, have just checked mine again and I have 40mm not 30mm as mentioned in my 1st post, so really if it is to be 7cm/70mm like panasonic recommend, the swivel type I a looking at on eBay has 48mm so still need quite a bulky bracket to achieve 7cm/70mm.
In a bit of dilemma now, should I get a bulkier bracket to achieve the 7cm or risk putting a slimmer profile, why they sell these beautiful slim TVs then tell you to hang it 70mm off wall ?

mikej

Rightly or wrongly, I would imagine that most people ignore the 7cm advice when wall mounting ! I doubt even the chunkiest, ugliest bracket is going to give 7cm clearance.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom